Vice President of Sales
Are you a Denver resident that is ready to plant roots and grow with a locally-based company that is making a name for themselves? If so, we here at Wurk want to meet you! Wurk is the cannabis industry’s first all-in-one workforce management solution. We’ve created a dynamic system to manage payroll, HR, timekeeping, and tax compliance, streamlining operations and minimizing regulatory risk. Our responsibility is to protect the people and businesses of the cannabis industry so they can focus their energies on making social change in the world in which we live.
The Vice President of Sales reports to the CEO and is a member of the company’s leadership team. He/she is responsible for the direction and management of all sales and business development operations, including market competitiveness, pricing, compensation, and channel strategy. This position may include responsibility for business development. The VP of Sales will drive the company’s achievement of its new customer acquisition and revenue goals.
What you’ll need to accomplish!
- Oversee sales talent acquisition, including sourcing, hiring, onboarding and development of an inside and enterprise sales organization.
- Establish sales compensation and incentive programs.
- Drive the development and execution of account and opportunity new sales strategies.
- Work closely with Marketing and Business Development to develop, establish and execute demand generation and channel strategies and programs.
- Maintain key customer relationships. Develop and implement strategies for achieving the company’s new customer revenue objectives.
- Develop and manage overall sales process, set appropriate metrics for sales pipeline and forecast management.
- Develop sales operating and pricing policies including discounts, legal terms and conditions for customers and business partners.
- Effectively coach and mentor sales professionals to develop and refine consultative selling, negotiation and closing skills.
What you’ll need to have!
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience or solid familiarity with Kronos is paramount
- Minimum 10 years sales experience in SaaS and the HCM industry, 4 years in a senior management position.
- Experience with CRM, sales methodology and sales funnel management.
- Ability to plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels.
- Established contacts and relationships with potential customers and channel partners.
- Outstanding consultative selling abilities and excellent interpersonal skills with executive level customers and partners.
- Proven evangelical sales track record in a new product/new market environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Experience in choosing, deploying and using marketing and sales Software applications.
What’s in it for you?
- Work with one of the most amazing tech start-ups the industry has ever seen and be a part of an incredible team that’s going places and leading the industry.
- Apply your technical, project, and problem-solving skills to an evolving market
- Work in colorful Colorado near the bustling heart of Downtown Denver and our gorgeous ballpark
- Collaborate with bright, fun, and goal-oriented teams in an open and lively environment
- Reap the benefits of flexible PTO, and access to exciting industry events
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Dog-Friendly Workspace
- Eligible to receive equity in Company
- 1 Month Sabbatical after 4 years of employment
Due to our small size and the abundance of Denver-based applicants in this 2% unemployment market, we will not be contacting any applicants that do not meet the requirements outlined above. We also won't be entertaining or facilitating any relocation and will only be contacting local talent at this time. If you live in Denver and want to work in the heart of the city, we want to meet you!
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Wurk is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Wurk does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.