Vice President, Sales at Adswerve, Inc. (Greater Denver Area, CO or Remote)
Adswerve is an award winning digital consultancy at the intersection of media, data and technology. With a team of 300+ data, media and tech experts, we’re proud to be the first and largest independent Google Marketing Platform partner and a respected Adobe Silver Solutions Provider. Handling over $1B in media spend, our 800+ clients trust us to drive remarkable results.
As a premier digital media and data consultancy, we’re more than experts. We’re visionaries and tacticians, guiding marketing and tech leaders to maximize the value of their martech investments and make stronger connections with their customers. We thrive on conquering challenges; we love the tough stuff. Join us in pushing the boundaries of what's possible and making a significant impact.
Job Title: Vice President, Sales
Compensation: $190,000 - $230,000
Location: Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, New Jersey, North Carolina, New York, Oregon, Texas, Washington
Adswerve is searching for a dynamic, analytical, and experienced sales executive with proven team leadership experience to join our team as Vice President, Sales to lead our dynamic team of Sales Executives. The ideal candidate will have a strong reputation for closing deals and mentoring high performance sales teams. You’ll be responsible for growing the footprint of Adswerve’s products and services with marketers globally. You possess an ambitious spirit and hustle for acquiring and closing deals, with emphasis on experience selling value-based consultative digital advertising and marketing products and services to marketers and agencies.
We are looking for a strategic thinker and exceptional communicator who will be excited to develop and execute sales strategies while working cross-functionally with product, marketing, partnerships, and account management teams to ensure customer success and drive Adswerve’s growth. You will drive company revenue and growth and build and scale a sales organization that operates impeccably for the long term success!
Reporting to the Chief Growth Officer, this role will serve as strategic thought partner to the Chief Finance Officer and the Finance team, Chief Product Officer, Chief of Partnerships (working on establishing and strengthening channel and distributor partnerships), Chief Marketing Officer (working on the go-to-marketing sales strategy, positioning and marketing materials), and SVP, Account Management (ensuring cross team collaboration and handoffs between teams) on all critical decisions using a data-driven approach.
- Lead the sales and revenue operations teams by building out people, systems and processes to enable healthy, rapid scale, predictable revenue models, and quarterly revenue and productivity targets.
- Build out well functioning revenue operations function improving processes, establishing pipeline management cadence while working closely with the Finance team all while connecting sales, marketing, and account management to build out predictable, repeatable, and scalable SOPs and frameworks.
- Spearhead the sales of complex media, martech, data, and analytics solutions (products and services)
- Oversee daily sales activities, meet with major clients, and design effective sales strategies.
- Seek new opportunities to expand the client base as well as cultivate strong long-term relationships with existing clients
- Maintain positive relationships with key decision makers in the industry; network externally and help build thought leadership around our unique approach to adtech, martech, and media solutions.
- Develop training strategy and coach on maximizing resources/tools efficiency for the sales team and lead cross-functional groups to implement effective sales training programs that create energy and ensure the team is appropriately skilled to perform.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for Martech and Adtech solutions particularly Google (GMP and GCP) and Adobe (Adobe Target and Adobe Analytics).
- Build a cohesive team culture, ensuring consistent focus on talent management, employee engagement, and development, addressing areas of concern where required, with impactful succession plans, internal and external best in class candidate hiring and selection.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience leading complex martech and ad tech sales in start-ups and larger organizations including a minimum of 4 years leading sales and revenue operations teams.
- Experience selling complex value-based martech and adtech solutions.
- Proven people leader with experience hiring and leading sales and revenue operations teams including coaching and talent development.
- Experience in developing and managing compensation models and sales team incentives.
- Experience successfully selling directly to VP and C-level leaders, especially in innovative media or advertising products.
- Brings a network of senior marketing leader contacts (VP/C-level).
- Experience leading and developing growth strategies that include cross-functional teams, pipeline management, revenue forecasting, product/service level sales strategies, and GTM strategies.
- Successful experience in building corporate sales plans and working with Marketing to activate GTM plans.
- Skilled in prospecting, pre-call planning, needs analysis, selling and closing marketing solutions with senior and executive decision makers.
- Proven ability to exceed sales targets and motivate a sales team to consistently hit targets as well.
- Validated people management and leadership skills, with a mentoring approach to developing performance
- BA/BS degree in sales or marketing-related field, or equivalent practical experience.
This position pays a base salary of $190,000 to $230,000 per year. This position is eligible for a semi-annual individual bonus based on performance and a year-end company bonus. Wage differential is based on seniority, merit, geographic location, education, training and experience.
Our offices span Denver and Seattle, while our 300+ workplace is dispersed across the US, Canada and parts of Europe and South Africa. With a commitment to remote work, we foster a positive, team-oriented culture where every individual contributes to business success and all employees are valued for their skills and perspectives.
At Adswerve, we’re fostering rapid growth opportunities for you to learn from the best in analytics and media. Get hands-on with cutting-edge ad technologies, all while thriving in a fun and rewarding workplace that prioritizes work-life balance. As a full-time team member, you’ll access excellent benefits, including:
- Semi-annual bonus potential
- Medical, dental and vision available for employees
- Paid time off including vacation, sick leave & company holidays
- Paid volunteer time
- Flexible working hours
- Summer Fridays
- “Work From Home Light” days between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- 401(k) Plan with 5% company match and no vesting period
- Employer Paid Parental Leave
- Health-care Spending Accounts
- Dependent-care Spending Accounts
- Employer Paid Basic Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance (Employee/Spouse/Child)
- Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Monthly Remote Work Stipend up to $200 - $325, depending on location
Adswerve is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, gender identity, gender expression, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or on any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable federal, state, or local law. Adswerve will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Recruitment Agencies: We are not utilizing external 3rd party recruitment agencies for this search. Should those needs change, we will seek your assistance directly.