As the Vice President of Sales at CircleCI, you'll lead our global sales teams in achieving high-reaching growth targets through inspired, thoughtful leadership, empathetic collaboration, and innovative, data-driven planning, You'll drive company-wide efforts to close business, take on constantly evolving trends in the market, and lead a strong sales organization into our next phase of scalable growth!
With an emphasis on growing customer acquisition, you'll architect our global sales strategy, and partner with Marketing, Customer Success, Central Operations, and Solutions Engineering on targeting and value proposition to build a sales formula for success. Additionally, you'll hire, develop and lead our Sales teams to achieve aggressive growth targets internationally.
A strong desire to learn, problem-solve and take a data-driven approach to the job is key to success in this role. The ideal candidate will thrive while leading in a dynamic, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
This position reports directly to the Chief Revenue Officer.What you'll do:
The VP of Sales is responsible for sales across North America, EMEA and APAC. Critical responsibilities include:
- Defining our Global Sales Strategy: Develop, implement and iterate customer-focused strategies that achieve and sustain targeted growth across geographies, segments, use cases, and personas. Orchestrate the development and refinement of the CircleCI Sales Playbook, with a focus on execution and performance at the highest levels.
- Building High-Performance Teams: Work closely with Recruiting to attract and hire a curious, hard-working, collaborative sales organization that will continue to achieve sustained 80%+ annual growth in future years.
- Onboarding, Coaching, and Mentoring: Grow and develop the next layer of sales leaders through active listening, constructive feedback, and recognition of potential and accomplishments.
- Sales Leadership: "Leads by example" in setting team vison, interacting with customers, managing deals, participating in company leadership forums, and attending industry events that demonstrate our values.
- Data-led Decision-Making: Approach strategy discussions, customer feedback, operational reviews, and all forms of sales planning and forecasting through a data-informed lens.
- Business Collaboration: As part of CircleCI’s extended leadership team, you'll work collaboratively with the rest of the company to guide strategy and execution to achieve company-wide success. Demonstration of deep understanding and empathy for other perspectives is critical.
- 10+ years Sales Management experience in SaaS, Software or Cloud industry, leading Sales and Sales Development teams of 200+ globally.
- Success in selling B2B cloud software to SMB through Enterprise, with an emphasis on collecting new logos and growing existing business.
- Proven track record of exceeded quota, accelerating close rates, and generating growth.
- Partnered with Marketing, Operations and Customer Success to define and enable an end-to-end process that accelerates sales velocity and customer growth.
- Collaborated with and guided Product leaders in prioritizing the right product outcomes for both short-term success and long-term growth goals.
- An ability to clearly articulate business problem statements from an objective, data-backed perspective to find solutions that work for all parties
- Prioritize company objectives and meet aggressive deadlines
- Desire to deeply understand our customer base in order to craft a customer-centric vision and cascading goals
- Promote innovation, creativity and experimentation. Empower the “how”
- Mentor your team to success, and build a support system for accountability
- Encourage collaborative problem-solving. Use empathy to find joint solutions.
- Clear, thoughtful communication and active listening skills.
- Ability to make data-informed decisions quickly and with empathy.
- Adapt quickly, follow through on commitments and remain calm under pressure.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools - processing more than 1 million builds a day - CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Base10, Greenspring Associates, Eleven Prime, IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Baseline Ventures, Threshold Ventures, Scale Venture Partners, Owl Rock Capital, Next Equity Partners, Heavybit and Harrison Metal Capital.
CircleCI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Colorado Salary Range: $233,750 - $275,000/year, plus applicable commissions