Vice President Business Development at BillGO
Bill payments are stuck in the past – BillGO is changing that.
A successful, seasoned sales and business development professional that will be strategically selling to the top 50 U.S. based financial institutions. You are an individual contributor that also enjoys being a valued member of a sales team. You enjoy selling to new accounts, being innovative, and building lasting relationships with your customers. You don’t mind rolling up your sleeves and likes working for a smaller fintech start up that is rapidly growing in a fast-paced environment.
BillGO is innovating past what exists today and has developed a payments engine that offers real-time bill payments and rich data to our customers via a secure platform. We’re nerds about payments and know our offering is like nothing else available in the marketplace today. We provide services to some of the largest banks and several of the power-players in the payments industry. BillGO is experiencing exponential growth. Now, we’re expanding the team to support our ambitions of further disrupting the payments space.
What’s in it for you? A competitive salary, ownership shares, fun and a fix for your sweet tooth:
- Salary and Benefits: We offer very competitive salaries and benefits, including unlimited PTO
- Tools: We provide the tools you need to do your best work, including sit/stand desks
- Owner’s Club: You’ll be granted ownership shares (stock options) so you have real skin in the game
- Snacks and Drinks: We have a diverse selection of snacks and drinks – if we don’t have something you’d like, we’ll get it for you
- Work / Life: We work hard, but also know you need a life outside BillGO – we have an on-site workout room, and get together for activities like happy hour and hiking once a month
- Fun Environment: We’re a close-knit group that likes to make work fun – we have an open office with great views, fantastic brews and even nerf gun battles every now and then
Be part of a team that’s changing the status quo. Check out the details:
BillGO is looking for a motivated sales leader with a passion for selling to financial institutions to join our growing sales team. The VP Business Development role is a unique position that needs someone experienced in selling bill pay and e-payments solutions to large financial institutions. Key factors for this position are not only selling, but also being a problem solver, continuous learner, and a great collaborator. The ideal candidate will have experienced working in a fast-paced environment.
- Sales and Business Development individual contributor responsible for selling BillGO’s bill pay solution to Top 50 Financial Institutions in North America. Will be assigned approximately 25 banks in top 50
- Providing feedback from the market to Product Management and Development regarding features including identification of gaps between product functionality and market/customer demands
- Educate prospects on BillGO’s value proposition and open API platform capabilities
- Create and lead proposal presentations
- 10 years or more of proven experience with strong sales/relationship management selling bill pay, e-payments, and/or online & mobile banking solutions to Top 50 U.S. based financial institutions.
- Solution sales leadership with a track record of success in building relationships with C-level decision makers.
- Excellent presentation skill and questioning capabilities
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal – comfort presenting and engaging at senior levels.
- Hands-on experience with proposal creating and leading proposal presentations
- Financial acumen and understanding of banking business models.
- Strong negotiation skills with a problem-solving attitude.
- Organized, detail oriented, flexible, self-starter and highly motivated.
- 30 to 40 percent travel – significant time spent at client facilities.
- Willingness to work in a highly collaborative environment where the belief is that great ideas can come from anywhere. Candidates must be able to embrace this culture, foster idea generation, and work to cultivate the best ideas into an executable plan.
- Bachelor’s Degree/MBA a plus
Recommended but not required:
- Experience with financial institution Risk & Compliance and Fraud Management is a plus
- Experience with a business critical, cloud based, high volume software systems
- Business consulting engagement experience
- Experience working for a small fintech start up