Vice President, Business Development
What you'll do
As the Vice President of Business Development for Billtrust’s Emerging Solutions business unit, you will develop, implement, and lead our partner strategy for Billtrust latest offerings that are poised to disrupt B2B payments. This
essential leadership role will manage a team focused on supporting our card brand alliances, growing partnerships with financial institutions participating in our Business Payments Network, and sourcing fintech partners that drive the
growth of Billtrust and its emerging solutions. For this new role, we are seeking an experienced business development executive who has a deep understanding of the B2B payments ecosystem, including both card issuing and acquiring, and is capable of representing Billtrust in front of the world’s largest financial brands. This position encompasses strategy, sales, leadership, and account management, and we’re looking for a professional with proven success in each area.
- Own all aspects of Billtrust’s card brand alliance, including partner sales strategy and new initiative planning, with the world’s largest payment network
- Lead and grow a business development function in the Emerging Solutions business unit, inclusive of partner sales professionals and account managers
- Guide and manage team members to ensure that monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue and account objectives are achieved
- Partner with peer leaders in marketing, product development, and operations to set the strategic plan to acquire partners, grow volume, and maximize utilization of our Emerging Solutions in the market
- Develop, track, and achieve quantitative performance metrics, budgets and financial management
- Engage enterprise sales leaders when appropriate to influence the success of partner sales activities
- Coordinate and manage partner sales forecasts, team pipeline reviews, QBRs, and closed deals to ensure quarterly/annual quota targets are achieved
- Drive processes to ensure the highest levels of client satisfaction where partners have an active or critical presence
What you'll bring to the team
- A professional presence that instills confidence from the world’s largest financial brands that engage with Billtrust
- A track record of growing partner revenue for a payment-oriented offering or business
- Strong ability to grow C-level relationships with regional and global partners
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- An analytical mindset, relationship development skills, and an ability to collaborate across business functions including marketing, sales, product, operations, finance and legal
- A strategic thinker, who can identify and engage with potential partners and understand the impact partnerships could have on the company’s growth initiatives and the value partners derive from their Billtrust relationship
- Experience as a leader in a fintech organization or financial institution – acquirer, issuer, or network – strongly preferred
What you'll get
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k) with company match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer each individual employee a healthcare package that is 100% paid for by Billtrust.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons - We enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
Who we are
Billtrust is the best-in-class provider of Payment Cycle Management and accounts receivable solutions, helping businesses accelerate Invoice-to-Cash. We provide a flexible, automated, cloud-based product portfolio that meets diverse buyer requirements and speeds cash application through tailored invoice delivery, secure multi-channel payment enablement, and intelligent matching and payment posting. Our platforms process $15B+ annually and help companies like Kraft Foods, New Balance Athletics and Ferguson Enterprises get paid faster and more efficiently. For the past 17 years, we have achieved remarkable success with year-over-year growth and we attribute that growth to our people and culture - We encourage employees to have autonomy, think creatively, share ideas – even with our CEO – and to challenge the status quo every day without a lot of red tape.
Billtrust: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.