Vice President, APAC Business Development
Overview of position:
We are looking for a seasoned business leader to guide the next phase of our rapid growth. We need a strategic thinker, talented motivator, and someone who excels at both selling and operations to build and lead an international team. This role will report directly to the CEO, with leadership responsibility for the growth of the SAI business and adoption of SAFe within their region.
As a member of the team setting company strategy and direction, this role will apply a servant leadership approach to develop and mentor a strong team of enterprise solution sales and partner management professionals. The leader will build a scalable sales and channel management process that will grow with the company in our critical expansion markets.
What you will do:
- Build the team to achieve Financial and SAFe Adoption Goals
- Build, lead and develop a team of professionals capable of achieving the financial and SAFe adoption goals for the region
- Deliver against the region goals and strategies for partner, enterprise solutions, membership and services
- Business Management
- Support all stages of the sales and enablement processes, maintaining sales opportunity progress and guiding internal teams to collaborate and rally around development of solutions to meet or exceed identified sales and enablement targets
- Provide detailed and accurate enterprise sales and partner management forecasting and evolve good practices in the use of Salesforce for forecasting and pipeline management
- Market Focus
- Working with marketing to create marketing and business development plans for target country and region expansion, including Account Based Marketing (ABM) strategies
- Collaborate to create a strategy for managing international territories, global accounts and leadership for scaling enterprise and partner management operations
- Team Goal Alignment
- Work closely with other global regional leaders, CEO and CFO to develop an annual enterprise sales and compensation plan, a key component of SAI business planning
- Drive team collaboration and support for achieving the global SAI goals
- Region Communications and Relationships
- Engage in regional engagements as the face of SAI in regional customer, industry, and business environments
- Travel as needed for in-person meetings with enterprise and partner customers and membership events
- Initiate, develop and grow C-level and senior relationships within target client organizations
- Product Development
- Collaborate with regional business development leaders and internal stakeholders to align, design and manage Enterprise, Partner and membership products and strategies
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to company teams.
Skills and experience that are important for the role:
- Bachelor’s degree; Masters or advanced degree a plus
- Strategic thinker, collaborative style, servant leader
- 5+ years of strategy and business development experience with a partner ecosystem and direct enterprise sales.
- Experience in a company selling consulting/training/services as the primary product, in an agile context is a plus
- Experience in Agile and Agile development environments
- Track record of establishing and maintaining high level enterprise and partner relationships
- Passionate about maximizing value for customer and meeting and exceeding company's sales and growth targets - customer focused, results driven
- Strong presentation skills and ability to challenge current thinking and approaches and open up strategic dialog and map service solutions and value
- Capable of speaking authoritatively in a variety of public forums, industry forums on SAFe, scaling agile and business agility
- Experience with building a user community around a technology or product a plus.
Major city in the region. Preferably a central location with easy access to the region business centers and international locations..
Why Scaled Agile?
This is a place for people who love technology environments, geek out on Methodologies and are always thinking about how things can be improved.
We are a group of seasoned professionals and systems thinkers who are passionate about our mission of helping the biggest organizations in the world improve the way they produce software and creating real value.
We're profitable, we're Agile, and because we’re still small, every single person in this organization has a big impact on our success.
If you are looking for an opportunity to contribute to the direction and success of a vibrant business we'd love to hear from you. Please provide a resume and introduction on why you think you’d be a great fit. We still read cover letters.