Vice President of Academic Partnerships
Guild, the leading education benefits platform and one of Denver's fastest growing startups, is increasing economic mobility for working adults in America and providing education and support to help every student survive and thrive in the economy of tomorrow. Our platform helps employers offer education as a benefit to their employees by connecting employers' workforces with our network of nonprofit universities and education institutions that focus on serving the needs of working adults. And, our team of retention coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through graduation. In order to accelerate our growth and achieve our mission to serve 1000s more students, we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Redpoint Ventures (among other social impact and VC partners!). Now, we’re looking to add a VP of Academic Partnerships to the team.
As the VP of Academic Partnerships, you will be the first leader on a team to develop and execute a strategy for partnering with the most innovative non traditional learning providers to advance Guild’s mission of supporting working adults entering into the future of work. Your work in developing new partnerships and the framework to successfully grow new partners will directly impact our ability to grow and scale for years to come.
A day in our open, collaborative workspace might look like:
- Developing and implementing creative frameworks for the Academic Partnerships team that will be instrumental to our ability to scale in years to come, including frameworks around contracting, revenue models, evaluating new partnerships, go to market strategy, etc.
- Collecting and analyzing data to drive insights on match for student demand, prioritization, how to qualify the opportunity of partnerships, and overall pipeline management to contract execution
- Building presentations that demonstrate how a partnership with Guild is a sustainable and valuable long-term asset to learning providers
- Working with other Guild teams like Legal, Finance, Account Management, Employer Partnerships, Enrollment, and Student Success to identify new business opportunities, create new contracts, and drive ways to grow enrollment
In this role, you’ll grow and expand your expertise by:
- Stretching your creative and innovative muscles to identify new market opportunities aligned with the future of work
- Developing the in house expertise and framework to evaluate new partnerships and support and grow existing partnerships
- Developing strong relationships with leaders at new academic partners and internal teams at Guild to understand the value and impact of a partnership
- Learning the ins and outs of Guild as you use your project management, multitasking, and problem solving skills in a fast-paced, intense and dynamic environment
You’ll know if you’re successful by:
- Building rapport with senior level leaders across academic partners, advising them on the value and opportunity of partnership, while strategically managing the sales opportunity and building the process through consultative selling while moving the opportunity forward
- Managing multiple opportunities through the entire cycle simultaneously, working with cross-functional teams as necessary, and serving as the primary customer contact for all internal activities
- Achieving established OKRs and expectations while demonstrating your passion for our mission - you'll receive ongoing feedback through your 1:1 meetings and go through bi-annual Structured Growth Conversations
- Bringing enthusiasm, flexibility, and patience to the role to a fast-paced, fun, and collaborative environment
You’ll join a team:
- From diverse backgrounds – from traditional higher education, to athletic coaches, to politicians, to startup leaders (and more!)
- Of learners & problem-solvers dedicated to our dual mission of changing education in America while building a successful, high-growth company
- Committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
What you’ll add to Guild – as an individual and part of the broader team:
- 8+ years of experience working on business development partnerships or creative partnerships between companies
- Experience managing x-functional projects, contracts, and go to market strategies
- Experience in higher ed or the education realm a plus
- A data driven mindset and ability to use analytics to drive insights relating to prioritization, qualifying deals, pipeline management, etc.
- Experience as an early employee on a team or in developing a go to market plan or service
- Comfort with iterating, prototyping, and building new models in unchartered territory
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!