What you’ll do
- Take the lead role in identifying and qualifying opportunities by prospecting and developing key relationships with accounting firms that serve our target industries.
- Drive the creation and development of online cloud strategic business plans for your partners.
- Build strong relationships with our accounting partners through consultative selling techniques and a collaborative sales approach to drive high-complexity consensus sales.
- Generate 4x pipeline of qualified opportunities through the use of, but not limited to, proactive outbound call activity, emails, marketing campaigns and hosting events.
- Enrich the Xero experience of our accounting partners through thought leadership and continuous education on how to grow their practice by leveraging Xero.
- Collaborate as center of excellence/SME to our existing partner sales teams for target industries, working together on sales and pipeline management.
- Leverage Salesforce and other automation tools in the sales and account management process.
- Travel to brand events, prospects as well as partners as needed to support the initiatives of the channel.
Success looks like
- Meeting and exceeding monthly targets for new partners, subscriptions and revenue.
- Meeting weekly KPI measurements such as phone calls, meetings, and events. More than 80% of your communication with customers and partners will be via phone, email, and webinar.
- Maintaining a high level of activity and excellent account hygiene in our CRM by hitting on key touch points.
- Successful recruitment of accounting partners representative of all tiers of the industry.
- Collaborate with our technical team to understand and develop end-to-end accounting workflow solutions for each target industry.
What you’ll bring with you
- Critical competencies
- Understand the buyer: shows enthusiasm for the emerging cloud accounting market and its relevance to new industry opportunities
- Building relationships: A natural tendency towards building mutually beneficial partnerships
- Drive for results: Results driven with strong initiative and ability to work independently
- Communication: Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Resilience & adaptability: Capacity to learn, adapt and apply ideas in constantly morphing situations
- Customer focused: Ability to create quick, strong rapport with entrepreneurs, C-level executives, accountants and other stakeholders
- 5+ years of relationship management experience in a consultative selling environment
- Experience in closing sales role
- Experience selling in a high growth, SaaS environment
- A high level of awareness for the workings of accounting practices and systems a plus