Vertical Account Manager at Xero (Remote)
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you'll make an impact
At Xero, the customer is the cornerstone of everything we do. This role is responsible for recruiting new accounting partners (firms) who serve our key Industry Verticals by leveraging Xero's proven and long standing partner value proposition. You are responsible for building effective relationships that lead to growth and generation of new subscriptions and revenue for Xero. You will partner with our existing partner sales team at the local and community level while simultaneously leading our direct efforts to penetrate the industry aligned partner community.
What you'll do
- Take the lead role in identifying and qualifying opportunities by prospecting and developing key relationships with accounting firms that serve our target industries.
- Drive the creation and development of online cloud strategic business plans for your partners.
- Build strong relationships with our accounting partners through consultative selling techniques and a collaborative sales approach to drive high-complexity consensus sales.
- Generate 4x pipeline of qualified opportunities through the use of, but not limited to, proactive outbound call activity, emails, marketing campaigns and hosting events.
- Enrich the Xero experience of our accounting partners through thought leadership and continuous education on how to grow their practice by leveraging Xero.
- Collaborate as center of excellence/SME to our existing partner sales teams for target industries, working together on sales and pipeline management.
- Leverage Salesforce and other automation tools in the sales and account management process.
- Travel to brand events, prospects as well as partners as needed to support the initiatives of the channel.
Success looks like
- Meeting and exceeding monthly targets for new partners, subscriptions and revenue.
- Meeting weekly KPI measurements such as phone calls, meetings, and events. More than 80% of your communication with customers and partners will be via phone, email, and webinar.
- Maintaining a high level of activity and excellent account hygiene in our CRM by hitting on key touch points.
- Successful recruitment of accounting partners representative of all tiers of the industry.
- Collaborate with our technical team to understand and develop end-to-end accounting workflow solutions for each target industry.
What you'll bring with you
- Critical competencies
- Understand the buyer: shows enthusiasm for the emerging cloud accounting market and its relevance to new industry opportunities
- Building relationships: A natural tendency towards building mutually beneficial partnerships
- Drive for results: Results driven with strong initiative and ability to work independently
- Communication: Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Resilience & adaptability: Capacity to learn, adapt and apply ideas in constantly morphing situations
- Customer focused: Ability to create quick, strong rapport with entrepreneurs, C-level executives, accountants and other stakeholders
- 5+ years of relationship management experience in a consultative selling environment
- Experience in closing sales role
- Experience selling in a high growth, SaaS environment
- A high level of awareness for the workings of accounting practices and systems a plus
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought, and we like that. A collaborative and inclusive environment is important to us. Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge and support you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, innovation, and well-being are not just inspired but celebrated.
We value our people and offer a wide range of compelling benefits and perks, including Xero shares and great parental leave policies. Xero's collaborative culture is underscored by our values - #Ownership, #Challenge, #Beautiful, #Human and #Team - which empower us to understand and serve customers, attract top talent and continuously innovate. From the moment you step through our doors, you'll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.