Utility Sales Executive
We are seeking an experienced Sales Executive for Utility Sales (North America) to represent Tendril's leading Energy Services Management platform and customer engagement solutions. Your primary responsibility will be to leverage your knowledge and relationships to close large utility sales in North America.
What you’ll do
As part of Tendril’s dynamic Sales Team, there is a clear expectation for the Sales Executive to demonstrate client and industry expertise, which can be leveraged from day one to quickly build a strong business pipeline and to meet sales targets. Candidates who meet the following baseline criteria will receive strong consideration for this role.
- Developing a robust and well-qualified sales pipeline with Utility clients.
- Work with other Sales, Marketing, Product, and Operations team members to structure and propose detailed multi-year business relationships.
- Clear track record of carrying challenging sales quotas and meeting/exceeding annual goals for innovative product/services offerings that are still new to the market.
- Identify, reach and influence key decision makers and all influencers and stakeholders within targeted utility prospects.
- Work closely with senior executives to set strategies and execute on tactics for closing business with prospective clients.
- Meet and exceed sales goals to help Tendril reach its goals, while being well rewarded for your efforts.
What You Bring to Tendril
- You have a minimum of 7 years direct sales experience, selling to VP, SVP, and C-Level Executives
- You love working with clients, understanding their personalities and their business needs, and delivering progressive, solutions minded programs to meet these needs.
- You have demonstrated the ability to manage and exceed expectations.
- You understand that customer service is critical to a client's satisfaction.
- You function well in a fast-paced, informal environment where constant change is the norm and the bar for delivering results is set high.
- Traveling 30% of the time to meet with your clients because you value the importance of building strong and long lasting relationships.
- BA strongly preferred.
What Makes Working at Tendril Awesome
Tendril’s high energy, challenging, fast-paced work environment will keep you engaged, motivated, and well fed.
Work-life balance is a core priority at Tendril. We work hard and we play hard and often the two overlap. Walking meetings along Boulder Creek Path, early morning hikes in the foothills, mountain challenges to climb a fourteener, running the Bolder Boulder, and cutthroat ping-pong tournaments keep us fresh and passionate about Tendril. We love our dogs and bring them to work with us. We host family events and adult parties. We contribute to the community, we volunteer, and we mentor.
Plus, we offer a ton of great benefits, including:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with a generous employer contribution;
- An innovative and flexible paid time off policy;
- A generous stock options plan and a 401(k) plan;
- A kitchen stocked with breakfast and lunch food, coffee, sodas, snacks, and adult beverages;
- An open office environment where ideas flow among marketers and developers, product managers and support reps who sit shoulder-to-shoulder collaborating and challenging and encouraging each other.
About the Tendril Team
Our people make Tendril great. We are a company of super stars working together on interesting things and achieving exceptional results. Each one of us contributes to our strong company culture, led by a visionary yet tactical management team.
Tendril offers our people the chance to grow professionally while working with colleagues they like and respect on work that stretches their brains and grows their skills. We are connected by a desire to innovate and a goal of helping the environment by changing the behaviors of energy consumers. And we like to laugh.