Training Specialist, Sales Enablement at Vertafore
The senior sales enablement specialist is responsible for maximizing the effectiveness of Vertafore sales organization teams through the development, delivery and management of professional sales content, messaging, competitive intelligence and tools. This person will work with many functions and teams across the Vertafore organization and will drive the creation of sales content and tools that support insights-based value selling methodology. As a key contributor to the Sales Enablement team, the senior sales enablement specialist is also responsible for professionally packaging the content and leading the roll out & training to the appropriate teams.
Core requirements and responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
- Facilitate sales discovery assessments (industry trends, differentiators, competitors, objections, business challenges), as a consultant for internal resources to determine content needs based on sales approach and product strategy.
- Lead the design, development and implementation of best-in-class sales content to maximize the effectiveness of specific initiatives.
- Create, execute and drive adoption of contemporary sales tools (e.g. insights, sales messaging, battle cards, talk tracks, scripts, presentations and training modules) designed to achieve revenue growth, new customer acquisition, and customer retention objectives for the sales organization.
- Package sales tools and content to establish strong adoption and ensure consistent utilization
- Act as a liaison between Sales, Marketing, Sales Operations and Product teams.
- Train Sales team on best use of sales enablement materials.
- Manage the sales enablement content repository and ensure that all information is easily and readily accessible at point of need.
- Gather feedback from the Sales and Sales Leadership teams on a regular basis to constantly improve enablement tools
- Coordinate with Sales Leadership to define and execute pipeline growth plans.
- Act as sales champion across the business to ensure that the right programs, tools and content are developed to support Account Management and Sales teams
- Lead cross-functional internal team meetings to manage status of deliverables and share feedback.
- Support other core sales enablement functions and content creation specific to sales enablement
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Passion for enabling sales channels with tools for success
- Understanding of the sales process and the buyers journey
- Ability to communicate the value of a product in a concise and compelling way
- Adept at project management and cross-functional collaboration
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced PowerPoint or Adobe Creative Suite skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, unpredictable environment.
- Creative and strategic thinker
- Excellent project management skills
- Motivated, self-starter
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of MS Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent organizational and time management ability
- Excellent knowledge of Vertafore product suite and audience
- Excellent understanding of insurance terminology, data analysis and interpretation
- Appreciation of the business requirements of an InsurTech organization
- Out-of-town, overnight travel is occasionally required.
- BA/BS Degree in business, marketing, or related field, or non-communication related degree with additional four years of professional communications experience. Master's Degree a plus.
- Ability to develop and write creative, compelling, and accurate content in a variety of styles for diverse audiences and platforms, including print, online, and digital.
- Proven communication and collaboration skills with internal teams, stakeholders, and clients.
- Ability to work independently and exercise strong professional and editorial judgment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and workflow and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated storytelling, writing, research and interviewing skills.
- Experience working in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign in particular); familiarity with web-based project management programs a plus.
Additional Requirements and Details:
- Travel required up to 10% of the time.
- Located and working from an office location.
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
- Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
- Frequent sitting and/or standing.
Vertafore is a drug free workplace and conducts preemployment drug and background screenings.
The selected candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the job responsibilities, duties, skill, or working conditions. In addition, this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.