Technical Venture Architect, Innovation at FIS
Position Type :Full time
Type Of Hire :Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :0%
About the Innovation & Incubation Team at FIS – Impact Labs
Our vision is to make FIS the industry-leading provider of platforms and services for companies to build and run financial applications. To help realize this vision, FIS has created a centralized innovation & incubation team called FIS Impact Labs. The Impact Labs team will transform new product and business concepts into sustainable, organic growth opportunities while building a strong culture of intrapreneurship across FIS.
Operating within a product innovation framework, the team vets, tests, and incubates new ventures for successful commercial integration. This team is where ideas are hatched and next generation fintech becomes reality. The products delivered by the Impact Labs team will impact the FIS product suite and drive significant value back to the business. Most importantly, your work will shape the future financial services landscape.
Our team is made up of builders and you should be no exception!
This role is critical to the success of the Impact Labs team. We are seeking the world-class architects who have repeatedly demonstrated the ability to scope and deliver modern software, build prototypes of new and emerging technologies, and lift their fellow software engineers to new standards. You will be joining an ultra-fast paced and high-performing team tasked with prototyping entirely new fintech concepts and taking them from new idea through design, build, and execution. We are developers who love prototyping and exploring new technology and business ideas!
- Participate in the innovation process, bringing your unique technical view on new concepts to the table
- Prototype new concepts
- Design systems necessary to bring ideas to fruition
- Apply your varied experience to the full-stack development process
- Be decisive on what technologies are needed to prototype a concept
- Provide technology-centered documentation (including presentations) for prototype stakeholders
- Work to deliver prototype handoffs to appropriate divisions within FIS
- Act as a true partner for your teammates, regardless of their (or your) experience level
- Be a builder!
- Serially curious
- 5+ years of software design, development, and delivery experience
- 3+ years of software architecture experience
- Experience working with large and small development teams both collaboratively onsite and with remote coworkers/teams
- A growth mindset and the ability to genuinely embrace challenges and persist in the face of setbacks
- Understanding of what it takes to deliver secure, stable, and reusable components that a proper code foundation can leverage
- Ability to document and diagram architectures in a clear, easy-to-understand manner
- Relevant experience in a high growth environment
- Passion for creativity and an ability to think outside the box
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies on the fly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially to non-technical audiences
- Keep job knowledge up to date by studying new software, frameworks, and techniques
- Experience mentoring their software development team and elevating the group’s standards and abilities
- Experience with at least one modern front-end framework (React, Angular, Vue, etc.)
- Experience translating high-fidelity prototypes (such as PSDs or Figma) into HTML/CSS using common CSS Frameworks
- Experience with at least one modern back-end stack/framework (.NET, .NET Core, Java, Kotlin, Node.js, Python, etc.)
- Experience with modern, performant API standards and design (REST, GraphQL, etc.) – our ideal candidate has consumed the APIs of others and developed their own
- Experience with relational (SQL) and non-relational (NoSQL) database design, implementation, and maintenance (including modern caching strategies)
- Strong knowledge of data structures, system design, and algorithms
- Experience implementing modern cloud architecture in at least one major cloud provider (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Strong experience with Git
- Experience managing an integrated code management platform (GitHub, GitLab, Azure DevOps, etc.)
- Experience managing a CI/CD pipeline (GitHub Actions, GitLab, Azure DevOps, Drone, etc.)
- Experience working on an Agile team
Attributes that will push your application to the top of the stack
- Strong experience elevating the performance of a software development team
- Prior experience with innovation, accelerator/venture teams, or startups
- Background or experience in fintech
- Demonstrated public presence in open-source software community (GitHub, Stack Overflow, etc.)
What we offer you
- A high-visibility, high-impact role
- Ownership of your role and the ability to drive the design of our products going forward
- Impact on an innovative product pipeline, and the opportunity to shape the future of fintech
- Opportunity to shape and influence an innovative culture
- Work closely with teams that are creating solutions for some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on accountability, creativity, collaboration, curiosity, fearlessness, kindness, and respect
.View our benefits here: https://cdn.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/FIGLUS/documents/2021BenefitsSnapshot-1611561721803.pdf The posted salary range describes the minimum to maximum range for this job description in the state of Colorado. The salary range is posted in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay For Equal Work Act. The salary range for this same position may be lower or higher in markets outside of Colorado.$107,610 - 180,790
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.