Technical Consultant at Ball Aerospace
Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
Performs as the technical lead of the project, responsible for leading, managing, and coordinating the initiatives responsible for the technical delivery of business systems and associated enhancements. Provides planning, estimates, application development, documentation, and support leadership using technology best practices. Participates as a key individual contributor in the design and development of complex applications and is the expert in the technology selected. Writes detailed specifications, derives estimates, and assigns component development tasks to the team. Implements solutions in alignment with the enterprise architecture blueprint as well as the solutions architecture and ensures that application designs adhere to standards and policies. Ensures that all information technology investments are clearly aligned with the priorities of the business. Performs hands-on development, mentors team members, and is accountable for technical deliverables. Accountable for technical specifications, team leadership, and delivery of complex, technical solutions to business needs.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Performs as the technical lead for the project. Provides leadership in the implementation and execution of technology solutions to complex business problems.
- Works closely with program managers, developers, and other functional groups to understand the program schedules and provide work break down estimates.
- Solves complex problems by taking a broad perspective to identify innovative technical solutions.
- Works with business analysts and solutions architect to determine technical feasibility.
- Generates technical specifications for the projects.
- Responsible for complying with the SDF process. Utilizes end-to-end software development life cycle (SDLC) practices to deliver a quality product.
- Reviews software specifications.
- Performs requirements analysis.
- Develops and refines throw-away simulations or prototypes to confirm requirements.
- Leads Design reviews and enforce peer to peer review.
- Supports project management tasks, such as estimating and planning dependencies/risks.
- Implementation (e.g., installation, configuration, programming/customization, integration, data migration).
- Code reviews.
- Authoring documentation needed by users and implementation partners, etc.
- Performs testing, including defining/supporting acceptance testing and gathering feedback from pre-release testers. Writes and reviews test plans/strategies to ensure software quality.
- Participates in software release and post-release activities, including support for product launch (e.g., developing demonstrations and/or samples) and analysis for subsequent product build/release cycles.
- Oversees all test efforts to ensure quality of the product.
- Participates as a key contributor in the design and hands-on development of complex applications.
- Leads the effort to make sure the proper level of documentation is created and reviewed according to the software development process guidelines.
- Responsible as a technical lead in the projects to deliver all related technical tasks in timely fashion.
- Manage team of developers , testers
- Assists with application maintenance by analyzing, monitoring, and correcting complex software defects. Leads the efforts in resolution of production-line based technical issues.
Position Requirement & Competencies:
• Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college degree level education or work-related experience
• Master’s degree in relevant field preferred
• Job related experience for 7+ years minimum. 5+ years of team leadership. 5+ years of experience defining complex systems solutions with extensive hands-on programming experience.
• Experience in driving process and technology re-engineering using industry practices, e.g., Six Sigma, Lean, Kaizen, COBIT, ITIL, CMMi.
• Exceptional technical expertise in relevant technology.
• Strong Team management skills (both Onshore/offshore) are required
• Should be able to run team meetings
• Strong understanding of design tools preferably based upon industry standards, as well as software development methodology.
• Develops and maintains an in-depth knowledge of the application portfolio and its correlation to the business’ tactical and strategic plans.
• Expertise in various software development methodologies, e.g., XP, iterative.
• Experience in driving software and technology solutions in large, complex organizations.
• Highly skilled in estimation techniques.
• Understanding of software quality principles, including test methodologies.
• Breadth and depth of functional, technical, and process knowledge.
• In-depth understanding of technology utilized to solve business problems; breadth and depth of cross-system knowledge of solution.
• Business process knowledge preferred (e.g., Plan-to-Produce process).
• Proven project planning and management experience.
• Exceptional understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Working knowledge of the following areas: system and business principles, practices, nomenclature, and procedures, generally accepted managerial practices and procedures, programming, systems design, computer operating systems and utilities, project management, risk management, security, cost management, implementation and start-up of new business processes and computerized systems, as it relates to information services, of purchasing, legal contracts, taxes, leases, licenses, accounting, economics, depreciation, capitalization, accruals, ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations), EAR (Export Administration Regulations), auditing (internal and external), insurance, and contract negotiations.
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 86,500 - 132,000 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Job Grade: 12
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans