Technical Business Solutions Consultant at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. FIS empowers the financial world with software, services, consulting and outsourcing solutions focused on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, trade enablement, transaction processing and record-keeping. FIS’ more than 55,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clients’ business forward. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.
About the team
The Business Solutions team for Commercial Lending at FIS is a fast-paced, high-growth area focused on bringing maximum value to our commercial banking customers. Offering a true front to back office solution, the team is uniquely positioned to demonstrate the value we bring to our clients: digitizing complex commercial lending structures, reducing time to yes, improving loan operations, and managing credit risk efficiently for our clients.
What you will be doing
As a part of the Business Solutions group, you will be leading our efforts in expanding our Commercial Loan Origination (CLO) footprint in the market. The Technical Business Solutions Consultant will work with customers to translate business requirements into functional specifications that describe what the system must do to fulfill the business requirements. After specifications are complete, the Technical Consultant will be responsible for configuration of the solution and supporting client testing activities, as well as presentation and demonstration of technical aspects of the solution.
You will be the primary technical subject matter expert responsible for demonstrating the value our solutions to our customers through: responses to RFPs or software inquiries, demonstrations and presentations, proofs of concept, architecture, security and detailed workshops and training. Job responsibilities include:
- Answer all RFPs relating to Commercial Lending
- Configure, test and implement workflows and supporting business features in FIS' Commercial Loan Origination for demonstrations to prospective clients
- Isolate, triage and resolve configuration issues
- Problem solve for environmental issues involving external software components as well as hardware working in tandem with development and product management
- Provide in-depth technical software demonstrations and presentations to prospective clients
- Lead multi-day workshops with banking customers
- Drive alignment between Product Management and Sales organizations
- Train internal employees or external clients on processes, BPMN and CMMN principles or practices
What you bring:
- Understands the full IT project life cycle
- Industry experience in workflow management, accounting, finance, or banking preferred.
- Deep understanding of case life cycle management, business process management (BPMN), Case management (CMNN) and form design including Java, HTML, CCS, XML, JSON, J2EE and Angular
- Additional understanding of SQL, IIS, Tomcat, .NET, REST/SOAP APIs, and Web Services
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, and time management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and communicate status appropriately and timely.
- A willingness to travel to customer sites to build relationships
- An interest in technology and how it can help improve banking
- Curiosity and a desire to continuously learn
Added bonus if you have:
- Hands-on experience with Commercial Lending software
- Banking experience and understanding
- Open communication and transparency
- Proactive focus
- Creativity and Pragmatism
- Sense of initiative and ability to deliver
What we offer you
- Competitive salary and excellent bonus potential
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.