Pie Insurance is an insurtech company tackling meaningful problems. At Pie, we work with small businesses using technology and innovation to improve how they access insurance. Like our small business clients, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and entrepreneurs. So, at the heart of every decision we make is the idea that if it doesn’t serve our clients, it doesn’t serve us.
Today, all Pie-oneers are working remotely and will continue to do so until it is safe to return to the office. As a remote team member, you will be expected to be available for meetings with team members in other time zones and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.
This role will work in our Denver or DC office once our office re-opens. However, we are open to considering this role for continued remote work once our offices reopen with up to 25% travel to Denver and/or DC.
How You’ll Do It
As a Technical Account Manager, you will work closely with our partners, build relationships with them, and help them achieve their technical goals and overcome technical challenges. You will be instrumental in improving our ability to ensure our partners’ and clients’ success. Pie is an incredibly collaborative team with constant communication. You will work across teams and collaborate with stakeholders and team members. Great communication and coordination skills are key to your success.
The Day to Day
- Technical point-of-contact for our external API partners, managing a minimum of three partners at a time.
- Work closely with internal teams (technology, business development, underwriters, etc.) to plan and manage partner integration efforts.
- Gather and document requirements, create project plans, communicate with the internal and external stakeholders, and keep projects on track.
- Manage timing and project plan for rollouts.
- Coordinate and support integration testing with partners.
- Communicate with partners about new functionality.
- Ensure all partner’s technical needs are communicated with Pie’s engineering teams, and are consistently met in the required time.
- Triage and answer technical questions and incident requests for our partners.
- Streamline operations so that our partners have the best experience when integrating with Pie’s systems.
- Gather feedback on API performance and manage feature requests from partners.
The Right Stuff
- Bachelor degree in a related field such as Business Administration, Computer Science or Information Technology, or equivalent job experience.
- At least three years of relevant experience in technical account or project management.
- At least six months of experience in managing multiple internal and/or external stakeholders and projects, preferred.
- Knowledge and skills to use productivity tools such as G-Suite, Slack, and Office 365, preferred.
- Knowledge of project management software and agile software development tools: Asana and Jira experience is a plus.
- A proven track record of working on customer-facing or customer-service oriented solutions.
- Demonstrated listening skills, in order to put the customer first The ability to listen to understand needs, and can be attentive to the customer’s requests.
- Critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Team player who takes ownership and is detail-oriented.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Competitive salary
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock options)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous vacation
- 7 days paid sick leave
- Future focused 401k match
- Modern office space with onsite gym
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work and recognized with our monthly culture award.
- Generous parental leave
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as Pie! That includes our offer process. When we have identified talent that is a good fit for Pie, we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at your knowledge, skills and experience that you bring, along with your compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
We value and want to support our team members, and are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation package which includes the following:
Compensation Range for position: $85,000 - $110,000
Other Benefits: Each year Pie reviews Company performance and may grant discretionary bonuses to eligible team members.
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Pie Insurance participates in the E-Verify program. Please click here, here and here for more information.
Pie Insurance raises an additional $118M in funding
Pie Insurance Named a Top Colorado Company 2020
Pie is rated Excellent by our customers on Trustpilot
Check out our great reviews from current and former employees on Glassdoor
Pie raises an additional $127M in funding