Technical Account Manager
Greater Denver Area
The Nylas APIs make it an order of magnitude easier for companies to add email, calendar, and contacts integrations to their apps. We wrap old protocols, unify all providers, and index TBs of data. We save customers months of dev time and unlock the richness of email data. By being at the core of business to business communication, scheduling, and contacts, we believe we can accelerate the productivity of work. Hundreds of businesses rely on the Nylas Cloud APIs to power their products, and your role will be critical in ensuring their sustained growth and success.
Nylas is looking for an intelligent, ambitious and energetic individual to join our customer success team as a Technical Account Manager. In this role, you'll work with startup leaders and top technical talent within our industry to help them build robust applications using Nylas APIs.
You will work alongside Nylas support engineers to help triage and resolve issues that impact reliability and speed of our product. You’ll also work closely with customer success managers as a technical resource to help them communicate with technical stakeholders, recognize and prioritize trends in customer issues, and implement processes and automations to address them. Your deep technical understanding of our infrastructure will allow you to onboard new customers onto our platform and help existing ones quickly.
You should have strong technical aptitude, experience providing empathetic customer-facing support, and the demonstrated ability to work collaboratively.
As our first Technical Account Manager you will play an integral role in helping our customers understand and implement Nylas solutions within their applications. You will be the designated technical support engineering contact for our strategic customers as well as provide technical guidance and support to our Customer Success and Account Management team. You will help us refine our paid customer on-boarding offering and proactively identify opportunities for our customers to deepen their engagement with the Nylas APIs. You will be a regular presence on customer calls and also be occasionally called upon to represent Nylas at customer onsite meetings, conferences, and other industry events.
As a technical account manager, you will become an expert at Nylas implementation, develop an encyclopedic knowledge of Nylas use cases, and be able to competently advise customers on architectural decisions as well as how to innovate within their product area. Our ideal candidate will be a creative and technical solutions provider, a strong and empathetic communicator, and a skilled relationship builder.Qualifications
- You have 3+ years of B2B SaaS support experience
- You love writing and debugging code to get things done (especially in Python)
- You've used APIs to build applications and/or query data
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills and experience communicating with technical and non-technical customers
- You want to work in a fast-paced environment with lots of autonomy
- You are detail-oriented and have great verbal and written communication skills
- You have deep empathy towards technical and non-technical users and thrive on making customers feel empowered
- You’re curious and comfortable with new technologies and you love learning new tools
- BONUS POINTS if you have experience working with major communications provider APIs (email, phone, text, etc.)
- Empathy - We care about our users and want them to be successful using Nylas
- Alignment - We foster collaboration across all teams at Nylas in order to deliver new solutions and ensure the ongoing reliability of our existing products.
- Curiosity - We understand how customers are using Nylas APIs and what we can do to ease adoption, implementation, and use.
- Gratitude - For every customer who reaches out with feedback there are often many others who don't. The time our customers take to reach out to us about a bug or a product improvement is gift.
- Promptness- We aim to provide prompt and thorough answers to all users and reduce information asymmetry.
- Proactivity - Customer support at Nylas isn't just about being responsive to tickets. Time out of the queue working on other projects is an important part of improving the customer and company experience.
- Competitive Pay
- Meaningful Equity
- Medical, Vision, and Dental benefits for you and your family (including One Medical membership)
- 401k, FSA, HSA, Commuter benefits
- $1k yearly Education & Development benefit
- $100 monthly Health & Wellness benefit
- Catered lunch & Unlimited snacks
- Relocation assistance
- Unlimited vacation (mandatory 2 week consecutive vacation once per year)
- 12 weeks fully paid caregiver leave
- Flexible work hours
Read Full Job Description