Strategic Solutions Engineer at Checkr
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
The Checkr Solutions Engineering team bridges the gap between business goals and technical solutions for our customers and our partners. We partner with Sales, Product, Business Development, Implementations, and Customer Success to develop unique solutions to a wide range of problems related to validating the trustworthiness of an individual. As a Strategic Solutions Engineer, you will be delivering creative solutions to our most complex projects across a broad range of industries and platforms.
- Engage executives in business discovery: Meet with business leaders to understand prospect business model, organizational priorities, and ideal workflows whether customer, industry partner, or technical partner
- Conduct comprehensive technical discovery: Conduct deep discovery across multiple stakeholders, mapping the landscape of a customer’s HR tech stack and candidate/employee lifecycle
- Communicate targeted differentiation: Articulate product differentiation in a concise and specific manner with business relevance, technical detail, and demo as appropriate
- Design and own detailed solutions: Own and drive creative, scalable solutions to achieve a technical win; proactively sell/recommend external customer project teams and communicate the solution to internal implementation teams
- Influence strategic product roadmap: Combine customer feedback with Checkr go-to-market strategy to make strategic recommendations on product prioritization in both the short and long term
What you bring:
- Relevant work experience: 6+ years in a customer-facing, technical solutions role selling a differentiated software solution; experience selling a compliance-driven solution is a plus
- Cross-functional excellence: Demonstrated ability to create and drive cross-functional collaboration and initiatives to solve customer problems; comfortable and effective leading conversations with sales, product, engineering, and customer success
- Communication proficiency: Clear and concise communication (written, oral, virtual, or in-person) is paramount; ability to communicate technical concepts in business language to build consensus both internally and externally
- Autonomy and initiative: Our lean team needs individuals who execute against a broad, strategic goal by appropriately prioritizing internal projects and customer engagements in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Technical competence: Understand how to leverage a flexible technology platform (including APIs, AI/ML, and configurable UX) to achieve a differentiated business solution
- Ability to travel as needed (>30% expected eventually)
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enrich the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.