We are an insurtech company where smart people can see the impact of their work as we tackle meaningful problems together. We think it’s fun to disrupt an industry that has been slow to change. But we aren’t shaking things up for the sake of change, we’re here to solve big problems using technology and an innovative approach to improve how small business owners access insurance. Like our small business clients, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and entrepreneurs, so at the heart of every decision we make is the idea that if it doesn’t serve our clients, it doesn’t serve us. We hire passionate people who like to work hard, yet we also know that life exists outside the office. Small businesses are the backbone of the economy; talented team members are the backbone of Pie. We are pie-oneering a whole new approach to insurance.
As a Strategic Partnerships Manager, you will be responsible for building strategic partnerships that will help grow the Pie business. This is a brand new role accountable for the identification and development of strategic partnerships. This is an exciting opportunity to come into a technology company and help build a new part of our business.
How You’ll Do It
To date, Pie has built our business working directly with small business owners and with insurance agencies, brokers, and wholesalers. We are now ready for the next chapter in our company and this will come through strategic partnerships. As our Strategic Partnerships Manager, you will have the opportunity to create a network of partnerships that will drive our business. These partnerships will be with organizations that are close to the small business owners that are in need of workers’ compensation insurance. This could include companies in all different industries to include; financial, fintech, traveltech, payroll, technology, and retail. You will identify partnership opportunities and work with C-level employees to identify a winning value proposition both for Pie and the partner organization. We are looking for an individual who is able to think strategically and long-term about growth opportunities. You will be accountable for developing, owning, and driving these partnerships.
Additional responsibilities may include
- Identify unique technology-enabled partnerships that will grow Pie business outside of our normal partners and direct channels.
- Present leadership with strategic tactics to further develop partner relationships.
- Prospect, onboard, and train new distribution partners and agents.
- Lead all partner communications to include monthly initiatives, new product enhancements, and other relevant Pie news.
- Work across the organization to learn about our insurance offerings and how these offerings can benefit our partners.
- Work cross-functionally with product development, sales, marketing, and other Pie-oneers to develop strategic partnerships.
- UseSaleforce.com to track all distribution partner communication, action items, revenue potential, etc.
- Provide best in class presentations and demos to demonstrate how a partnership with Pie Insurance can benefit all parties involved.
- Assist in the constant improvement of business development, partner management, and onboarding processes.
- Establish a positive distribution team culture leveraging the Pie values.
- Monitor industry trends within the Insurtech market to stay informed and be a subject matter expert for our clients.
The right stuff
- Six (6) + years’ experience in a sales role focusing on strategic partnerships.
- Previous background in Insurance or Financial Services is required.
- Proven ability to drive significant revenue generation results from distribution partners
- Experience successfully developing national accounts with a focus on technology enabled partnerships.
- Demonstrated ability to forge strong relationships with key distribution partners.
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to learn and use new technology.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel and represent the Company professionally, both internally and externally.
- Competitive Salary
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock options)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous Vacation
- 7 days of paid sick leave
- Commuter Allowance
- 401k Match
- Modern office space with onsite gym
- Monthly Happy Hours
- Generous Parental Leave
Pie Insurance Named a Top Colorado Company 2020
Pie is rated Excellent by our customers on Trustpilot
Check out our great reviews from current and former employees on Glassdoor
Pie raises an additional $127M in funding