SonderMind is searching for a Strategic Development Manager who is a dynamic and relationship-driven individual to work directly with the SVP of Payor and Strategy to strengthen and enhance our payor relationships across the country. The ideal candidate for this role will love relationship building and get true fulfilment out of finding win-wins, solving problems, and identifying and following through on strategic opportunities to meet mutual aims with our partners. You are detailed and diligent in identifying and managing relationships, and you are a creative problem-solver and an out of the box thinker who is passionate about achieving SonderMind’s objectives of improving access and outcomes in mental health.
- Work with SVP of Payor and Strategy and Manager of Contracting to develop deep lists of relationships and account plans for all of SonderMind’s national, regional and local payor partnerships
- Source and follow through on opportunities, working with internal and external stakeholders to drive results and develop scaleable strategies for growth
- Work hand-in-hand with Contract Management, Credentialing and Revenue Operations to actively surface and solve problems
- Strategically deploy Programs and Clinical teams to ensure SonderMind’s value proposition is clear
- Healthcare experience: Needs to “get healthcare” (i.e., understand stakeholder incentives, how to cultivate value and drive impact, who has accountability)
- A relationship builder at heart: Must love building and managing relationships with external partners
- High attention to detail: To ensure we understand our partners’ needs and can follow through on activities and opportunities as they arise in order to advance relationships
- Cross-functional problem-solving and influencing without authority: Can navigate across external partners and within SonderMind to identify how to solve problems and craft impactful solutions
- Data-driven: Ability to utilize data to make decisions, as well as present compelling data-driven stories to drive towards compelling outcomes
- Strategic communications: Ability to utilize multiple channels to communicate at a senior level (powerpoint, email, etc.) and drive impactful and meaningful dialogs with stakeholders
Nice to Have
- Contracting experience
- Direct account management experience
- Payor / provider program and partnership experience
- This role is located in Denver, CO and is a full-time, exempt position
- Starting compensation range is $100,000.00. Actual title and pay are commensurate with experience and skills.
- This role will be eligible to participate in the following:
- full employee benefits package
- employee stock option purchase plan
- variable performance-based bonus incentives
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please explain how this role fits into your career goals and experience.
Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Our employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain exceptionally high expectations of ethical conduct and require all incoming employees to pass a background check.
Our Employee Benefits Philosophy
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health we are walking the walk with our employee benefits package. We focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life with both mental and physical aspects in mind. Where most companies say "good enough" we ask ourselves "how can we do better." That includes:
- Therapy coverage benefits to enable our employees to get the care they need
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life's unexpected - not only that, we cover the difference in salary for up to Eight weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- A generous PTO policy and a company mandate of at MINIMUM three-weeks of PTO a year; flexible work-from-home policy
- A commitment to reward our team members for the long-term success and growth of SonderMind with stock option grants and bonus potential
- Competitive market salary, up-to 4% salary company match on 401K, professional development and advancement opportunities as we rapidly scale, and so much more.