Strategic Alliances Director at CircleCI
As Strategic Alliances Director, you’ll work with strategic partners to help customers modernize their software value chain and establish CircleCI as the top CI/CD partner for these platforms. You will be responsible for developing and handling our relationships with CircleCI partners, including AWS, Google Cloud, GitHub and Atlassian. You will do so with joint go-to-market strategies that improve customer experiences and generate opportunities for our revenue team. This role reports directly to the VP Business & Corporate Development and is an outstanding opportunity to be part of our growth this year!About Business Development at CircleCI
The Business Development team is responsible for identifying and driving strategic programs to help grow CircleCI globally. The team works to build long-term relationships with technology companies, open-source developers, and service providers that drive mutual value and increase the value of CircleCI for new and existing customers. Working closely with all CircleCI functional areas and key internal and external partners, the team defines a go-to-market approach, creates deep and lasting partnerships, and develops processes to systematize and expand those efforts.What you'll do:
This role will serve as the primary strategist and partner collaborator, and as the point of contact for CircleCI teams. These teams include revenue, business development (channel), marketing, product management, development/engineering, pre-sales, services, support, and education. This person will establish a common vision with our partners, develop, and execute strategic partner plans, and build key executive relationships required to support the plan and grow CircleCI’s leadership position in the industry. The position will be located remotely.
- Develop long-term vision and goals in collaboration with our strategic partners. Garner support to execute the plans across CircleCI functional teams.
- Develop objectives and KR's annually and quarterly for CircleCI’s alliances and achieve those results
- Maintain consistent and ongoing partner and internal communications with periodic reviews measuring and reporting performance against goals.
- Develop and grow relationships ensure alignment on vision, goals, and outcomes of the partnerships.
- Lead development and oversee execution of joint go-to-market activities with CircleCI's strategic partners, leading the necessary collaboration and execution across CircleCI teams
- Work closely with our regional teams to develop and execute regional strategic partner strategies and joint go-to-market plans
- Build awareness and inbound interest for CircleCI offerings through active participation in our partners’ partner programs and within their partner ecosystems
- Collaborate with Partner Marketing to drive the creation and execution of sales and marketing content that build CircleCI’s best-of-breed reputation, and demand generation programs and campaigns that drive partner-related revenue
- Help develop practices, processes, and systems that enable scale and support CircleCI’s rapid growth
To succeed in this role, you’ll be someone who is highly motivated and able to work independently, with expertise as follows:
- 8+ years of experience in the software and IT industry doing related business development, strategic alliance and/or partner management
- Experience working with partners, channel, and integrators to build strategic programs that drive demand and sales
- Ability to develop, negotiate, and implement strategic plans that drive CircleCI and partner business success
- Experience developing and achieving annual and quarterly objectives and key results in an alliances or business development role
- Experience developing strategic alliances and joint go-to-market initiatives for a SaaS platform
- Experience enabling sales teams for successful co-selling with partners
- Experience selling and marketing solutions via cloud marketplaces
- Well-versed and knowledgeable of industry trends meaningful to modern software delivery and cloud-native computing
- Experience motivating, leading, developing cross-functional teams in a matrix organization
- Strong relationships within CircleCI strategic partners are strongly preferred (AWS, Google Cloud, GitHub, Atlassian, etc.)
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect” candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those passionate about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do your best work, we hope you’ll apply.About CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.