Sr. Technical Account Manager
Who is Return Path?
Return Path is the expert in deliverability. Every day, our customers trust our data and insights to help them optimize their email marketing. Partnered with best-in-class email service providers, we help marketers take their email programs to the next level by driving more response and increasing revenue.
At Return Path, we know email.
Through the Return Path Data Exchange, we've brought together the world's most comprehensive source of data from the email ecosystem. We partner with more than 70 providers of mailbox and security solutions, covering 2.5 billion inboxes-approximately 70 percent of the worldwide total. Also feeding into this data platform is our consumer network of more than 2 million consumers, delivering unparalleled insight into user behavior, brand affinity, and consumer preferences.
Once you're an employee here, this is a place where you'll be challenged, inspired, rewarded, and transformed.
The Impact You'll Have
Technical Account Managers (TAM) at Return Path are responsible for driving maximum value and success to existing clients through providing a world class client experience. The TAM will manage large, complex client accounts, and work directly with them in developing and implementing a cohesive approach to optimizing email success through the Return Path tools and services. The TAM's role is critical to keeping clients engaged, and helping Return Path meet our retention rate goals. This person should be comfortable serving as a trusted advisor by creating consultative relationships with clients in order to assist in reaching their business goals.
- Collaborate closely with an internal Support and Relationship team to provide a world class client experience.
- Work with clients to understand their organizational structure, business model, and email goals in order to effectively use the Return Path tools and solutions to reach their overall goals.
- Be responsible for technical account planning and ongoing technical management of specific accounts issues.
- Work with clients to help define and implement email best practices that meet their business needs and ultimately improve deliverability.
- Drive engagement with Return Path tools and services through ongoing weekly calls, monthly reports, and daily interactions in order to provide client specific recommendations for optimal email program and client business success.
- Conduct ongoing client meetings to communicate best practices, successes and data results; as well as facilitate business reviews combined with the relationship team.
- Communicate with clients to understand ongoing efforts and changes to their email program that could impact results including Certification Compliance issues where applicable.
- Provide expertise on the Return Path tools and advise on key features and functionality in order to make strategic recommendations.
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- 5+ years in a Client Service role leading large accounts and forming strong client relationships while demonstrating analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to translate and tell a story from Return Path data in order to identify issues, involve others in seeking solutions, conduct appropriate analyses, and search for best solutions.
- Understand the full Return Path product suite, features and benefits, and competitive position in order to best to position Return Path based on client business needs.
- Collaborate cross-functionally in pursuit of problem resolution in order to identify issues and increase inbox placement rates.
- Proven dedication to developing strong client relationships in order to interact with a range of clients in a professional, credible manner.
- Outstanding listening skills to uncover potential areas of opportunity within an account.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly both about businesses and technologies.
- Use time effectively and efficiently to concentrate efforts on the most important priorities, handle several tasks at once, and consider short and long term goals.
In addition to the above, you must be a good fit at Return Path. To be successful here, you must demonstrate Personal/Professional Growth, Professionalism, Execution, and Strategic Thinking; have a Positive Impact and a great Sense of Humor.
At Return Path, we are building an extraordinary company that helps people and businesses communicate more reliably, effectively, and securely. We put people first, do the right thing, and succeed together.
We have a strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. We incorporate this philosophy into our practices and we live it every day. This means we have generous traditional benefits and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. We also strive to ensure each person in the company is in the right job, knows how his or her job contributes to the overall company mission, and has a clear sense of career growth and direction. We have great employee retention over the years because people love coming to work here and really feel like they're part of something special.
Do the right thing
The Return Path experience is a two-way exchange. We expect you to give us your best every day, and you can expect the same from us. In exchange for your talent, your energy, and your unique contributions, we will strive to give you what you need to live a balanced, healthy life. This means more than competitive pay and benefits-it means offering the freedom and flexibility to create your ideal experience inside and outside the office.
For more information visit www.returnpath.com
Return Path is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.