Sr. Key Account Manager at Sovrn
About the Team
The Customer Success team helps publishers grow by delivering proactive and dedicated full-stack customer success, support, and analysis across all functions of their business. We hold customer experience second to none and pride ourselves in our ability to keep our customers extremely happy. We love to experiment and try new things. We bring positively and a sense of humor to work.
About the Job
As a Sr. Key Account Manager, you will be working with our largest and most influential accounts to understand common trends, identify best practices, and find opportunities for growth in specific verticals. You'll be able to analyze these trends and formulate solutions to help them better understand and thrive in the ever-changing landscape of our industry. Collaboration with the other Account Managers, and the marketing and design team, you will create and implement processes that set your accounts up for success, continued opportunity, and a lasting, fruitful relationship with Sovrn.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Actively engage with your accounts to thoroughly understand their business and execute, implement, and improve what should feel like a personalized Sovrn experience
- Regularly track the overall health of your publishers and identify solutions to proactively anticipate customer needs and identify industry trends
- You’ll manage the satisfaction, success, and retention of a designated book of strategic accounts.
- Identify metrics/KPIs that help your customers understand if they are achieving the long term goals you have set
- You will be introducing additional products and services that Sovrn offers to your accounts through marketing campaigns, QBRs and video conferences.
- Nurture your relationship with account stakeholders into one of advocacy, by identifying opportunities to improve their metrics and drive more value for them through their partnership with Sovrn
- Manage and facilitate the process as your accounts advance through product implementations
- Develop and execute a regular cadence for collaborative, productive conversations, providing insights on their performance, health, and growth opportunities
- Share learnings, ideas, best practices, and successes with other Account Managers and the greater Customer Success Team
- Participate in coaching and mentoring of other team members
- Identify Sovrn products that will help your accounts expand their success, increase revenue and partner with SMEs (Pub Growth / Services) to engage your publishers with these solutions
- Identify and monitor activity of volatile accounts, reporting on upcoming or ongoing impacts or potential threats to the overall business
You are a self-starter, a leader, and able to get the job done without micro-management. You must be comfortable with volatility and change as this is a complex, fast-paced, and ever-changing industry, and should be comfortable working in a highly collaborative team environment.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in programmatic advertising on the supply or demand side
- Account management experience
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Effective time management skills with an ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and provide superior customer service.
- Ability to organize, multi-task, and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to read, organize, and analyze large data sets in order to identify trends and develop actionable recommendations
- A passion for problem solving and turning challenges into opportunities for business growth
- Ability to identify problems and explore potential solutions that can be presented clearly to your client.
- Strong work ethic with a self-motivated attitude and ability to be resourceful to get the job done
- Dangerous curiosity, not afraid to ask questions, learn about our business, our technology, our open roles, and what makes Sovrn a great place to work
- Communicate candidly, even it it’s uncomfortable
- Strongly value learning
- Digital Media experience/knowledge
- Cross product selling and up-selling experience
- Affiliate program knowledge
- Experience using Jira, Confluence, SalesForce, Customer Success tools/solutions
- Familiarity in Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets (Vlookups, Formulas Pivot Tables, etc)
Position Reports to: Director, Accounts
Location: Boulder, Colorado
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role in Boulder, Colorado is a base of $70,000 to $90,000, and eligibility for commissions compensation. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skills, certifications and geographic location. Sovrn offers a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance,11 paid holidays, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and a paid parental leave program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.