Sr Director, Retail Data Partnerships at The Trade Desk
The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.
As the Senior Director, Retail Data Partnerships, you will work on a small and highly impactful team focused on driving one of TTD’s most strategic initiatives.
You will be creating best-in-class working relationships with top retailers, helping to maximize the value they see in working with TTD and helping to fuel client adoption of their data and measurement services on The Trade Desk platform.
Responsibilities include the development of new partnerships and solutions, strategic partner management, exploration of expansion opportunities, modification and amendment of partner agreements, and responsibility to ensure all aspects of the partnership are working well (product, integrations, sales enablement, etc.).
The ideal candidate must enjoy an entrepreneurial and rapidly shifting environment. We are looking for someone who thrives on having a significant impact and building new capabilities through partnerships and innovation.
What you'll do:
- Provide input into retail partnership strategy based on industry knowledge & partner opportunities
- Manage strategic retail partnerships to maximize their value and success in working with TTD
- Develop new relationships with retailers and help them grow their media business on TTD
- Drive optimal relationship structure for partnerships in conjunction with Product, BD, Legal, Finance and other internal stakeholders
- Maintain regular communications and checkpoints with management and with partners to report on status and future opportunities
- Build success metrics for partnerships and track success against those KPIs
- Facilitate communication internally and externally related to partnerships (demands, strategies, roadmaps, operational requirements)
- Identify partnership opportunities; collect feedback on existing/potential utilization from agency teams
- Manage partnership integration, including regular interface with internal teams
- Work with go-to-market teams to evangelize, educate and grow the use of the partners’ offerings.
- Support sales enablement efforts related to the partnership and overall retail strategy, with both internal team and with TTD clients
Who you are:
- 7+ years of experience creating and building differentiated relationships with strategic partners, ideally in the retail and optimally the CPG retail space
- Experience with strategic partner account management
- Experience with contracts and vendor negotiations
- Expertise in Shopper Marketing and Retail Media
- Experience in digital media required; Familiarity with the adtech landscape & data companies highly preferred
- Excellent judgement & acute sense of self-awareness
- Self-motivated problem-solver comfortable wearing different hats
- Proven communication, questioning, and listening skills in formal and informal settings
- Comfort with fast-paced, dynamic working environment with shifting priorities
- Ability to build excellent rapport with internal (Legal, Finance, Product) and external stakeholders; strong teamwork is a must
- Must be comfortable with complexity and thinking on multiple levels of abstraction; demonstrated use of critical thinking techniques
Our Compensation and Benefits (for Colorado residents only)• Base Compensation Range: $194,180 - $349,125
In accordance with Colorado law, the range provided is The Trade Desk’s reasonable estimate of the base compensation for this role. The actual amount may be higher or lower, based on non-discriminatory factors such as experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. The Trade Desk also offers a competitive benefits package. Click here to learn more.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.