Sr. Customer Success Engineer
Sr. Customer Success Engineer
Want to empower digital business through real-time analytics delivered as a service? Passionate about putting the power of machine data analytics in the hands of everyone by unifying all data types, enabling universal access and leveraging cloud economics – all this from a single, unified platform delivered and consumed as a service? Come talk with us!
As a Sr. Customer Success Engineer, you will be responsible for working with and guiding Sumo Logic’s strategic customers toward successful adoption of the service. You will partner very closely with our Customer Success Managers to develop deep customer relationships with a set of strategic accounts. You will work closely with the Customer Success Manager to ensure these critical customers are engaged, enabled, overcoming technical challenges and driving maximum value out of their Sumo Logic investment. You will also work with the rest of the Customer Success team to build out and cultivate a customer community to enhance the experience of our customers.
The successful candidate for this job will have a strong technical aptitude in cloud technologies like AWS or Microsoft Azure, along with a strong self-starting, proactive mentality. You must have a proven track record in a high paced, customer facing environment.
You are going to be dealing with very technical users and complex issues, but you’re also tasked with creating excitement and loyalty in the customers you interact with.
What you'll be working on:
- Help advise customers on successful implementation of use cases
- Share best-practices and other tools and resources to help customers successfully adopt the Sumo Logic service
- Help further adoption of the Sumo Logic service by discovering and implementing new use cases and data sources
- Proactively manage issues at customers based on KPIs and SLAs
- Participate in customer community forums
- Partner with Sumo Logic Customer Success Managers to ensure customers are renewing and expanding their accounts
- Represent customer needs internally with our product management and engineering teams
Your experience and skills should include:
- A track record of having a bias for action to make things happen and drive results
- Experience with public cloud services such as AWS or Microsoft Azure
- Ability to write scripts, regular expressions, SQL queries, etc.
- Hands-on experience working with a variety of enterprise software infrastructure (operating systems, virtualization, database, network, security) products in production environments
- Five years or more experience working as a professional services consultant, customer success engineer, technical account manager or sales engineer
- Customer relationship management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to travel occasionally to customer sites
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high growth and rapidly changing environment
- A demonstrated passion for making customers wildly successful
These additional skills would be highly desirable:
- Experience with enterprise log management/metrics/SIEM products
- Experience with cloud-based technologies
- BS/B.Tech/M.Tech in Computer Science or Engineering