Sr. Account Executive
Who are you?
You are someone who is Passionate. Passionate about your role, problems to solve, sales, or anything else. That passion energizes you.
You have a 'hunter' mentality. You are eager to make new connections, learn about new clients, uncover pain and solve challenges with conviction. You love the thrill of the chase. You love to compete and win.
You are wildly curious. You are always looking for opportunities to learn and grow. You can adapt to new ideas, process and concepts.
You recognize you're part of a whole. You learn from others, teach those around you, and truly care about the people you work with, leading to a better outcome for everyone.
You are very comfortable with technology. The product is not overly complex, but we have found it is very helpful to be able to explain how it works when asked – and we use a lot of tech for demos throughout the sales process.
As a Sr. Account Executive, you will manage all aspects of the sales cycle in key accounts from opportunity creation to close which requires attention to detail and strong execution in all phases of the merchant buying cycle.
- Be well versed in building a funnel and sales network for scratch with prospects, current customers, partners and influencers
- Target customers who are multi-location brick and mortar merchants in the restaurant, retail, and service industry that have 6-29 locations
- Build relationships with and create value for CEO, CMO, CFO, COO buyers as well as key partners and influences
- Close $90k in ACV business in your first eighteen months
- Manage an assigned territory named accounts to 100% attainment of quarterly quota through active territory management
- Help define and develop a large opportunity strategy and framework that can position Thanx to win in key accounts
- Be able to manage detailed sales cycles, clearly executing a deal strategy that allows other company resources to easily engage and align in the process
- Be a power user of SFDC and other sales technologies to ensure proper documentation, execution and accurate forecasting
- Work collaboratively with Merchant Success to ensure the proper on-boarding of clients to ensure elevated merchant experience that leads to the long-term use of the Thanx loyalty platform
- Develop and present articulate, accurate and focused summaries of client challenges, the Thanx solution, associated value propositions and ROI models, sometimes unique to each client
- Communicate strategically back into the business to help marketing, product and engineering understand clear market needs
- Negotiate commercial terms that build long-term value for Thanx
You must have:
- Over 4 years of direct quota carrying SaaS experience
- A proven track record selling into multi-location retail, restaurant or service based brick and mortar businesses (reference accounts required)
- Solid industry contacts and can build a viable territory coverage model across numerous geographies that lead to long-term sales success and revenue growth
- A proven track record in sales at or above quota for consecutive years
- An understanding of startup environment and willingness to break through walls
- Strong negotiations skills
- A BA/BS
- Formal, documented sales training
What about the sales team?
We love to learn, and our culture reflects that. We also love to WIN. We are passionate about the markets we serve, the problems that we solve and the products that we sell. We sell knowing that if our clients don’t succeed, we don’t succeed. We sell with integrity, urgency, and passion. We give you the room to be creative, but give you the support to succeed. In exchange, we expect a 100% results-oriented effort!
Americans spend more than $5 trillion on restaurants, retail, and services each year. Nearly 90% of those transactions happen in a real-world store. Data is king and online it powers personalized customer experiences and product recommendations. Offline, however, it’s still 1999. Brands are blind to their customers, causing them to spend more and more money on “megaphone” marketing with the same message to everyone. The result is an ever-increasing wave of generic spam that makes it hard for consumers to build deeper, data-driven relationships with their favorite brands. No wonder brick-and-mortar stores are being left behind.
Thanx is fundamentally changing that. As the CRM for offline merchants, Thanx personalizes every interaction between a merchant and their best customers, resulting in measurable increases in revenue for merchants and far greater personalization for consumers. Think of us as Salesforce meets Google Adwords for offline retail. Thanx is backed by some of the best investors in the world — Sequoia Capital, Icon Ventures, and Andy Rachleff (CEO Wealthfront, cofounder Benchmark Capital), to name a few.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.