Hotel Engine is a high-growth, Denver-based tech company that is innovating the business travel industry with a free, private hotel booking management platform. With over 200,000 hotel properties globally, Hotel Engine offers up to 60% off publicly available hotel rates for small-to-medium businesses, large enterprises, and government travelers.
Serving industries like construction, transportation and logistics, oil and gas, retail and more, Hotel Engine has customized hotel reservation management solutions built for the control, transparency, billing, and support needs of organizations of any size and industry.
Hotel Engine is contracted to secure lodging for COVID-19 response in major metro areas. We are thrilled to be able to provide this meaningful work during this time.
This position would communicate directly with properties to triage hotel requests and provide exceptional customer service. This position might require occasional weekend and evening work. If you have experience in the hospitality industry, we would love to meet you!
- Communicate directly with properties, listen and help resolve conflicts with customers
- Be an active listener to find the root cause of issues and in a friendly way solve the issue
- Maintaining detailed notes on all files to ensure issues can be readdressed later if necessary, without issue
- Able to have patience and stay polite even in stressful situations
- Reaching out in a very professional manner and, if necessary, resolve tougher issues
- Communicate internally and externally solutions to issues, and provide feedback to the team in the interest of developing more efficient future processes
- Interacting with several online portals
- Provide high level customer service
- Must have strong customer service skills; experience working in hospitality industry a plus
- Must be a proactive self-starter & work with urgency and reman calm under pressure
- Ability to learn and grow from mistakes that are made
- Exemplary organizational skills
- Must be able to work independently as well as take instruction from supervisor
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must have the ability to quickly learn systems, processes, and procedures
- Ability to problem solve and work on several projects simultaneously while continuing to provide quality work
- Ability to be a team player, be a bridge, not a wall
- Medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance
- 401k plan
- Unlimited vacation
- Paid holidays, sick time, and volunteer opportunities
- Discounted hotel rates
- Paid parental leave
- Craft brews and ciders on tap
- Company-sponsored social events and happy hours
- Free organic fruit, snacks, and beverages
- Relaxed office and dress code
- Free on-site parking and bicycle storage
- Unmatched views of the Rocky Mountain