We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - Nor do we look for the right "fit" with us, we look for the Add! We encourage you to apply for a role at Pax8 even if you don’t meet 100% of the bullet points. We believe in cultivating an environment where there are a diversity of perspectives, in hopes that we can all thrive in an inclusive environment.
Pax8 also encourages all applicants authorized to work in the US to apply regardless of location.
The Solutions Engineer (SE) L1 is a vital part of the Partner journey. He/she focuses on pre-sales product demos and post-sales onboarding/implementation with our Partners. By ensuring Partners are fully knowledgeable and comfortable with products, the SE helps reduce overall Partner churn. This role interacts with Partners regularly - five (5) to six (6) hours a day the SE is scheduled on phone calls. SE L1s are expected to have complete technical knowledge on two (2) to five (5) products, although this may be as high as eight (8) to ten (10). The Solution Engineer is expected to be the technical expert and able to support Partner needs through an unpredictable configuration process. As product experts, the Solution Engineer will create technical content in video and documentation form.
Essential Responsibilities (includes, but is not limited to):
- Conducting product demonstrations that articulate the technical and organizational value of a solution.
- Driving initial configuration and architecture guidance for unique customer environments.
- Assisting partners with proof-of-Concept deployments and responding to RFI/ RFRs.
- Working closely with our Sales teams to advance a sales cycle, handle objections, and function as a subject matter expert for a particular product-set.
- Producing product specific guides, videos, and technical material to be shared internally and externally.
- Presenting in-person and remote training sessions for Sales teams and our partner community.
- Occasionally accompanying the Field Marketing team as a technical resource, presenting on products, and answering any technical questions that arise in.
- Acting as the eyes and ears for vendor products by collecting feedback from partners on new features and suggestions for improvement.
- Quickly learning to support and sell new products as up-and-coming vendors are added to our portfolio.
- Serving as internal escalation point for the Support team on critical tickets.
Ideal Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- Ability to clearly communicate technical information and concepts in layman’s terms
- Ability to autonomously manage ambiguous situations
- Strong interest in learning new and challenging platforms
- Technical skills combined with significant social prowess
- Genuine passion for customer service and an ability to troubleshoot deployments in an unknown ecosystem
- Ability to identity and learn new technology and skills without explicit guidance.
- Ability to own difficult situations and follow through to completion
- Expertise in one or more Pax8 supported SaaS products
- Willingness to develop technical skills outside of normal working hours
- Desire to validate skillset through industry wide certifications
- Technical expertise in 4-5 products
- Ability to occasionally work outside regular business hours
Required Education & Certifications:
- Two (2) to three (3) years’ work experience
- Recommended certifications: MTA Cloud Fundamentals, Microsoft MS100, MS101, CompTIA A+, Security+, Network+
- Qualified candidates can expect a salary beginning at $45,000 or more depending on experience
*Note: Compensation is benchmarked on local market rates. Qualified candidates in other locations can expect a salary package that may be adjusted based off applicable cost of wages in their respective location.
At Pax8 we believe that your Total Rewards should include a benefits package that shows how much we value our greatest assets. Pax8 people enjoy the following benefits:
Non-Commissioned Bonus Plans or Variable Commission
401(k) plan with employer match
Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
Employee Assistance Program
Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance
Flexible, Open Vacation
Paid Sick Time Off
Extended Leave for Life events
RTD Eco Pass (For local Colorado Employees)
Career Development Programs
Stock Option Eligibility
Employee-led Resource Groups
Pax8 is the leading value-added cloud-based SaaS distributor, simplifying the cloud journey for our partners by integrating technology, business intelligence and proactive service to deliver an unparalleled experience. Serving over 13,000 partners through the indirect sales channel, our mission is to be the world’s favorite place to buy cloud products. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and high-energy startup organization, allowing you to make a meaningful impact on the business. Culture is important to us, and at Pax8, it’s business, and it IS personal. We are passionate, creative and humorously offbeat. We work hard, keep it fun, and expect the best. We Elev8 each other. We Advoc8 for our partners. We Innov8 continuously. We Celebr8 life.
Pax8 not only wins numerous awards in our field but we have time and again been voted among the best places to work in Denver. We are committed to our goal of being the #1 employer of choice!
Pax8 is an EEOC Employer.