About the Team
We are a small and extremely hard working team. We hold our relationships with buyers second to none and pride ourselves on our ability to keep our clients extremely happy. We collaborate, listen, and learn. Since we live on the emerging edge of what’s possible, our team is made up of people who are like water - adapt to certain situations, grow, and change.
About the job
As a Solutions Engineer on the Data Solutions team, you will help develop relationships with customers, manage integrations, troubleshoot technical solutions, and explore new optimizations to increase revenue and lower costs. You will be an expert on the data products suite and will work closely with product, engineering, and sales teams, including supporting sales and account management teams on calls and in email communication with customers.
What this Solutions Engineer will be doing:
- Scope and manage data integrations from beginning to end
- Help build and maintain data product specifications for internal teams
- Partner with the Business Development team on calls to provide technical resources
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and optimize data integrations
- Query databases for ad hoc reporting and troubleshooting Work closely with Product and Engineering to scope and bring new products to market
- Support the Business Development and Account Management teams to develop strong relationships with customers
You are a curious and driven individual who is highly organized. You have strong interpersonal skills and have a detail-oriented/technical mentality. You work just as easily independently and on small teams. You are intellectually curious and have a keen interest in the digital marketing/data industry. You are interested in a career in Sales Engineering and are taking steps to get there.
The successful Solutions Engineer will have:
- Knowledge of digital marketing/data industry
- Understanding of cookie syncing process and data linkage, ID mapping
- Ability to read/write queries in SQL
- Familiarity with ticket prioritization tools such as Jira and Salesforce
- Experience with BI tools such as Looker, Meta Markets, and QuickSight
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, and Google Applications (sheets, docs, etc)
- An understanding of the digital data ecosystem and data use cases
- A willingness to learn new technologies and processes
- An ability to think strategically and prioritize tasks to meet objectives
- Highly detail-oriented skills, and able to thrive in a deadline-driven environment
- Results-oriented skills and is motivated - ready to level up to your career goals
- Outstanding analytical, and problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally in a dynamic environment
- An enthusiastic attitude. A fun and energetic co-worker
- An enjoyment of the pace of a start-up -gets excited by a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with AWS CLI
- Knowledge of data transfer mechanisms and schedulers: SFTP, AWS, Snowflake, and Airflow
- Experience with a “Data Warehouse” joining tables, IDs, and setting up data feeds
Position Reports to: Manager, Sales Engineering
Location: Boulder and Denver preferred. Open to remote Colorado
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role in Boulder, Colorado is $81,000 - $140,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills and certifications.
Sovrn offers a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance,11 paid holidays, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and a paid parental leave program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.