Solutions Engineer, Cloud at NetApp
Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data – to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We’ve built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world – to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
The Cloud Architect is responsible for working with Cloud Pursuit Business Development Managers to shape and deliver NetApp’s Journey to Cloud strategic engagements with our largest partners. This senior architect position is responsible for developing and executing the technical portions of Private/Hybrid/Multi/Public-Cloud engagements for a targeted group of partners. You will work to gain a thorough understanding of the unique and differentiated services in a partner’s cloud offerings. Using this information, along with a solid understanding of the unique capabilities and value the NetApp cloud products and services bring, you will scope, architect, and lead required integration work for embedding NetApp technology into the partner’s cloud offerings. You will support partner sales and architect teams as necessary to ensure that NetApp’s unique selling proposition is properly featured and documented. You must be extremely results-driven, partner focused, experienced at building long-term engagement strategies, and skilled at building influential internal relationships and external partnerships.
Partnering with the Cloud Pursuit Business Development Manager, identify offering areas where the NetApp portfolio of products and services brings unique value-add to the partner’s product and services groups, leveraging the partner’s competencies, IP and business model. As a senior architect, you will pro-actively evangelize NetApp technologies and capabilities while identifying potential offering development opportunities. You will engage to gain partner sponsorship and commitment, identify specific challenges and opportunities to support business case development, work with the partner’s teams to architect and document these offerings, conduct any testing and develop any other documentation required to achieve acceptance of specific offerings by the partner’s governance process. You will develop aggressive project plans for these offerings and drive their successful completion.
As a senior architect, you will:
• Drive NetApp bias by evangelizing our products and offerings with the partner’s Engineering, Marketing, Sales and Solution Engineering teams across both Product and Service Business Units.
• Provide technical consultation and disseminate product information to the partner’s Engineering and Marketing teams. Resolve technical questions by analyzing and researching problems. Draw upon competitive knowledge and experience to favorably position our products against the competition.
• Develop and deliver informal training to the partner’s Engineering, Marketing, Pre-sales, Post-Sales and Consulting teams at both their headquarters and their field offices.
• Provide technical consultation in preparation for and during jointly sponsored conferences ensuring that topics and material being discussed and distributed at such events are relevant and current with latest joint NetApp-partner value-props.
• Serve as the liaison between NetApp Engineering and the partner’s Engineering team.
• Aid the partner in responding to technical sections of RFP's and determining technical feasibility. Work with their Sales, Marketing and Solution Engineering teams as needed to qualify opportunities help them close potential sales.
• Evangelize the partner’s unique business and technical requirements to NetApp Executives and within NetApp's Marketing, Engineering, Sales and Customer Service teams. Provide feedback to guide future product development.
• Support evaluation software and equipment at the partner’s demonstration and evaluation centers.
• Monitor NetApp's Customer Service team during critical support crises. Manage the situation, ensure that proper resources are being deployed, and escalate when required.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential. Must be able to convey ideas and offerings in a clear, positive and concise manner using diplomacy and persuasive selling. Must be curious about both end-customer and partners business objectives, technology interests and motivations. Communication skills must include listening, presentation, demonstration, and telephone support abilities. Must be able to develop professional technical and business presentations and deliver them at all levels in an organization. Able to communicate effectively across large virtual global teams.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or other related technical discipline. Advanced degree in Computer Science or related field is highly desired.
Seven or more years’ experience in Computer Science or Systems Engineering in a pre-sales environment. Experience in supporting large Global Accounts, Global Transformation Partners or Global Partners is desirable.
Expert/consultant level knowledge in one or more of the following disciplines: Cloud Services Architecture and Delivery, Hybrid-Cloud Architectures, Software-Defined-X.
• A degree in Computer Science, or equivalent is required. A master’s degree is preferred.
• 5-10+ years IT industry experience in technical positions where requirement gathering and offering consultation are central to the role.
• Experience with building data centers and IT infrastructure
• Proven experience with public cloud technologies from AWS, Azure, Google, IBM Cloud
• Enterprise storage and server, business continuance experience
• IP Networking and security skills desirable
• Strong technical and project management skills and must be able to work cross-functionally with other development teams and partner organizations.
• Excellent business acumen with a strong ability to map business requirements to technical offerings.
• Compelling communication skills across a wide variety of mediums and situations – including written and verbal communication and in presentations spanning formal and informal, from small to large audience.
• Extensive global travel required – amounts varying by territory.
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it’s the right thing to do.
Join us and see what empowerment can do.