Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The AI and Automation team is driving a transformational journey across multiple groups at FIS. We have a clear focus on enhancing operational efficiency, improving customer satisfaction and reducing time to delivery through intelligent automation, self-service transformation, and accelerating digitization efforts. We use the right tool to solve high impact problems, building intelligent solutions through hybrid AI/ML and traditional RPA frameworks. We are seeking an experienced Solution Architect to lead and drive technical solutioning for AI and automation initiatives that deliver maximum impact today and prepare us for the future.
What you will be doing
This is an important role where you will be responsible for key technology decisions that define the solution footprint for the AI and Automation team! This is in addition to ensuring consistency in the approach that the team takes towards developing pragmatic solutions.
- Design and architect world class technology solutions in the Intelligent Automation space using an effective, agile approach.
- Translate complex business needs into user-focused solutions that are simple, elegant and maintainable.
- These solutions need to adhere to all key aspects of enterprise architecture including key aspects such as performance, security and scalability.
- Provide architectural oversight to development carried out by a team of developers both onshore and offshore, having the responsibility of inculcating best practices with respect to world class software development.
- Play a key role in defining/implementing solid development processes that cover all aspects of design and development (e.g. rigorous code reviews, structured unit testing, vulnerability testing and remediation).
- Responsibility for orchestrating effective design/architecture reviews and code reviews of key components.
- Develop partnerships with key stakeholders, ensure a high degree of transparency.
- Out-of-the box thinking regarding technology solutions and in resolving technical issues for the team.
- Will be required to provide high level technical support for automated solutions in production including aspects around availability/uptime.
What you bring:
- Self-motivated, proactive, and an out-of-the-box thinker, demonstrating high levels of initiative and integrity.
- Brings an extremely strong technical foundation with a solid background in systems design and architectural patterns, and an innate ability to map technology concepts across various technology platforms.
- Always curious and has the intellectual agility to learn quickly, adapt to change and enjoy tackling challenges.
- At least 12 years of relevant experience with excellent background of enterprise design and architecture with key focus on areas that include scalability, performance and security.
- Solid understanding of security best practices including use of OAuth2, SAML protocols and various aspects of data security.
- Rock-solid fundamentals with hands-on experience with C++, .NET (C#) and/or Java and with exposure to Python.
- Ability to work across multiple tools, frameworks, databases (Oracle/MS SQL/PostGreSQL/Mongo) and technology stacks.
- Exposure to the public cloud (AWS/Azure) – preferably architectural experience using cloud-based constructs.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with an ability to break down complex problems.
- Excellent communication skills, having the ability to communicate technical aspects effectively with a variety of audiences.
- Very high energy levels, demonstrating the attitude and drive to take on more, do more and be more. Also bringing with them a high degree of flexibility and adaptability.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to execute effectively within a team and lead by example.
Added bonus if you have:
- Experience with key aspects of data science and machine learning having architected/implemented projects within these areas.
- Prior experience in working with a global delivery team.
- Understanding of web-based technologies including Angular, React with basic understanding of UX principles.
- Exposure to low-code development platforms.
- Experience with RPA platforms such as UiPath, Automation Anywhere etc.
- A background in Financial Systems and services would be a strong positive.
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.