Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The Solutions Architect – FTT is responsible for design and cost of custom solutions in support of the pre-sales phase of Zayo’s Lit Mobile Infrastructure/Fiber to the Tower services. The Solutions Architect is responsible for developing high-level pre-sales network designs using Zayo assets along with customer input; and develop them into mid-level designs when awarded. As part of the Customer Solutions team, this individual will work closely with sales teams to develop new business and maintain existing customer relationships. This includes acting as a subject matter expert in all Zayo’s FTT service offerings and network architecture. This individual will be responsible for maintaining and designing network-based solutions for growth and expansion; developing business plans for strategic capital growth; and working with peers within the business to facilitate execution of customer and strategic programs. Solutions Architects are extremely detail oriented, highly organized, and communicate effectively with the organization.
- Obtain and maintain subject matter expertise related to Zayo’s Lit Mobile Infrastructure Network.
- As part of sales process, play key role in the preparation of Requests for Proposals.
- Develop and maintain market based strategic plans which can be executed both proactively and based on success-based capital investments.
- Provide coaching in the sale & deployment of large-scale FTT services to wireless carrier sales teams.
- Maintain regular communication with internal partners such as Product, Sales, regional network development, service delivery, and network architecture.
- Translate complex technical requirements into information that customers can understand and respond to.
- Maintain ongoing consultation with sales and engineering teams after sales are closed.
- Actively provide input on improving sales cycle & process intervals.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or minimum five years’ experience in technical engineering / support role(s) in the telecommunications industry.
- Expert-level technical skills creating networks using DWDM, fiber and other transport mediums.
- Excellent project management skills and must be able to manage multiple ongoing projects and regularly report progress.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to explain technical concepts to laypersons in simple, understandable terms.
- Business minded and able to maintain a commercial focus.
- Experience with Google Earth, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio. Able to use shared drives and shared documents.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to interact effectively with all personnel, vendors, and customers.
- Ability to handle ambiguity, and anticipate and quickly react to changes in a fast-paced environment.
- Preferred Additional Experience:
- Fronthaul/Midhaul/Backhaul for Mobile Carriers
- Knowledge of a variety of transport and Ethernet equipment vendors and models
- Data networking technologies, functionality, and services (LAN, MAN, WAN, VPN)
- High-level understanding of Fiber Optic network design and implementation
- Experience using Salesforce, Metasolv, MyWorld, and ESRI along with creating and modifying KMZ files.
- Competitive compensation
- Base salary range: $80,000-$130,000
- Annual Incentive Plan (AIP) - Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary AIP which is based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time