SMB Customer Success Manager at CircleCI
We are looking for an outstanding Customer Success Manager to join the Customer Success Team where you are responsible for the success and long-term growth of our most valued customers across the SMB channels. You will be the key point of contact for our customers, helping to maximize the value they receive from our solutions and cultivating a successful long-term partnership.
The SMB Customer Success Manager role is a perfect role for someone who has some technical expertise, loves talking to customers, has a solid commercial foundation with a talent for driving adoption, retention, and growth through scalable efforts. In this role you will handle a diverse book of customers ranging in industries and deployment types through a combination of automation and specific call to action strategies to serve customers’ unique business challenges, help them realize the value of CircleCI, and ensure their investment in our products are providing a real, meaningful business impact for them.About Customer Success at CircleCI
The Customer Success Team at CircleCI plays a pivotal role with our customers. The team is responsible for ensuring customers are getting value from our platform, and helping to identify ways we can help a customer solve business problems. You are a trusted advisor and ambassador for CircleCI.
In terms of growth, we truly believe in the continued development of each new hire! In joining the Customer Success Team, you’ll join a community that believes in development and promotion from within and as a rapidly growing business, there are a lot of opportunities for progression.What you’ll do:
- Own the gross and net retention of your assigned book of business, by driving the annual renewals and ensuring your customers continue to appreciate the value we deliver
- Understand the technical and business challenges of our customers and advise them on how to best use the CircleCI solution. Customer activities will include running programs to establish and maintain broad customer relationships, monitor product usage and adoption, and take proactive measures to maintain customer health
- Facilitate customer engineering support meetings and product usage optimization based on customer support tier
- Drive cross-functional initiatives that will improve the overall customer experience and lead to greater happiness and loyalty among customers
- Be the voice of the customer as you partner with engineering, marketing, product, and sales to deliver an outstanding customer experience
- Partner with internal teams to handle new users, ensure onboarding and technical success alongside our engagement managers and success engineers
- Identify growth opportunities and work with the Sales teams to engage accounts and ultimately enter into a greater evaluation of the CircleCI solution
- Monitor usage to identify and run renewals, risks and downgrades. Grow customer accounts over time and work to ensure customer renewals at scale
- Identify at-risk customers and help them get on track
- A minimum of 2 years B2B customer success, or account management experience in a customer facing role
- Track record of achieving and exceeding renewal, retention, and growth targets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage and maintain a high volume of customers
- Empathetic and passionate for problem solving
- Strong time management with the ability to balance multiple deliverables while working in a high volume environment
- Technical mindset and passion to learn about software development, cloud environments, and interacting with developers
- Growth mentality, intellectually curious and results-oriented with innovative ideas to encourage customer loyalty and adoption
- Experience with tools such as Salesforce, Gainsight, Outreach, and Zendesk. Savvy with navigating multiple systems and data analysis.
- Startup experience a plus
- Can act as a strategic consultant with a Challenger mentality
- Experience negotiating subscription renewals
- Direct experience supporting a solution in the DevOps tool chain
- General understanding of application development (waterfall, agile, CI/CD)
- Familiarly with developer workflows and standard tooling e.g. GitHub
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.About CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.