Small Business Specialist
Small Business Specialist
Small business makes the world go round – it's the heart of the global economy. At Xero we want millions of small businesses to thrive through beautiful software, advice and connections. We aim to make being a small business more efficient and profitable, and more enjoyable too.
How you'll make an impact
We're looking for a talented Small Business Specialist to drive the education and on boarding of Xero's prospective customers via outbound sales calls, emails, and texts to convert trial users to paying Xero customers.
You'll play a pivotal role in the rapid growth of Xero, driving the adoption of Xero across the dynamic small business marketplace in the US.
What you'll do
- Articulate the Xero value proposition in an industry context, demonstrating the need for Xero as a solution for their accounting and business needs
- Work across outbound channels to establish customer contacts to engage potential customers
- Respond to all inquiries in a timely manner via phone and email from potential Xero customers
- Qualify customer leads by following the Xero Sales Process
- Record all activity and follow up within Salesforce
- Drive attendance to Xero led events and ensure rapid follow up
- Ensure your Xero product knowledge is up to date at all times
- Foster and build genuine relationships of trust and loyalty between Customers and Xero
- Effectively cope with change and ambiguity while being very adaptable to stay on task
- Have a strong desire to be the top performer, a leader in closing sales, and resourceful in meeting goals
Success looks like
- Make sufficient outbound contacts to maintain a lead pipeline at all times
- Be flexible on personal scheduling to meet the needs of your customers
- Achieve sales goals based on number of leads assigned to you in a given month
- Be on target in helping past customers continue to engage with Xero through referrals to Xero's accountant network
What you'll bring with you
- Willingness to make multiple customer contacts each day
- Relentless desire to make a difference
- A passion for the internet and cool emerging technologies
- A keen attention to detail and follow-up
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Stellar time management
- Enthusiasm for setting small businesses up for success
- Experience working in a CRM
- Self motivated, entrepreneurial drive with loads initiative
- Minimum of 2 years experience in sales, account management or customer success
- Basic knowledge of accounting needs in regards to small business daily transactions (this is a plus, but the basics can be taught)
- Track record of success in reaching customers through multiple communication channels
Show your passion for the #human side of software development through cultivating a deep understanding of the needs and aspirations small business owners.
Seek the #challenge of complex technical problems, crazy-smart collaborators and a fast-paced work environment.
#Champion creative development by bringing a unique point of view while inspiring impeccable work from others.
Take #ownership by driving meaningful change and delivering results with passion and purpose.
Xero is an Equal Opportunity Employer.