Small Business Sales Manager
Gusto is fundamentally changing how the world works by empowering everyone to put people first. Gusto reimagines payroll, benefits, HR, and personal finance by automating the most complicated, impersonal business tasks and making them simple and delightful.
We are seeking a sales leader to join our Small Business Sales leadership team based in Denver, CO. This individual will play the critical role of leading and shaping small business sales account executives - empowering them to engage, educate, and convert small business owners onto the Gusto platform for their payroll and HR needs. Candidates should align with our company values and have a passion for building high-performance sales teams that drive stellar monthly/quarterly outcomes while developing processes for the long haul. If you’re passionate about developing people, shaping process, and you’re excited to roll up your sleeves and lead by example, let’s talk.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Lead a team of 6+ SMB Sales account executives to achieve and exceed monthly/annual targets
- Inspire and empower your team to perform to their full potential. Build a world-class consultative sales team by investing in and developing the existing sales team while simultaneously attracting top sales talent to Gusto
- Help refine and further develop our strategy: 10x revenue from our SMB team in a cost-effective way
- Lead by example by rolling up your sleeves to embrace the phone, deliver demos, craft and refine messaging
- Use data to inform decision making and focus areas - ranging from AE skill development (e.g. coaching conversations, email campaign usage) to team initiatives (e.g. staffing to seasonality, piloting new activities). Track, measure and report-out on sales effectiveness against targets and adjust programs and strategies as necessary
- Partner with cross-functional teams to refine lead targeting, messaging, lead qualification, and opportunity handoff
- Build a culture of fun and excellence within the team. Nurture each individual’s skill set development and guide career pathing as they grow within the organization
- Collaborate with Customer Care and other downstream, cross-functional teams to create amazing experiences for new Gusto customers
- Ensure the effective use of Salesforce.com and other tools
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 4-6 years of experience in Inside Sales, preferably in SaaS-based products and/or services
- At least 2 years of proven quota-carrying experience as an individual producer
- 2+ years of people management experience in a sales organization
- Proven track record of establishing and exceeding measurable goals
- Experience with start-up environments and SMB SaaS sales models. Ideal candidates will have experience with payroll, finance, and/or HR software
- Excellent working knowledge of inbound and outbound SaaS sales methodologies
- A passion to pick up the phones and coach AEs on demo delivery, objection handling, and soft skills
- Ability to interact effectively with multiple teams: excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Salesforce.com experience required
To learn more about our values, life at Gusto, benefits, and perks, visit gusto.com/careers.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 40,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.