Billtrust manages a variety of partner and distribution channel relationships today across the enterprise and is building upon this base by formalizing our approach to partnering. Our primary objective is to achieve efficient and rapid customer acquisition via third-party influence and distribution. We seek to both accelerate our pace of disciplined new partners acquisition and enhance our management and optimization of partner relationships.
As an experienced SVP of Channel Development you will accelerate business growth and customer value through partner relationships as well as driving the development of a robust partner management capability. The focus is to expand and enhance the third party channel to drive new revenue and create a tightly integrated ecosystem to facilitate customer acquisition, expansion and retention. This is a hands-on role working with existing and new partners and key accounts and collaborating with various teams within Billtrust. Specific responsibilities include:
- Responsible for both new business development and current partner optimization.
- Develop, track and achieve quantitative performance metrics, budgeting and financial management.
- Identify, develop, and implement new partners for the company while directly managing a portfolio of existing partners
- Manage and enhance existing referral partner management tools and processes.
- Guide and collaborate with sales leadership to manage the activities of the sales team to ensure that revenue goals and objectives from channel activities are achieved
- Architect partnership terms and structure to drive mutual value and success
- Coordinate and manage sales forecasts, team pipeline reviews, QBRs, and closed deals to ensure quarterly/annual quota targets are achieved
- Coordinate and collaborate with our product management, marketing and professional services and implementation teams to drive processes to ensure the highest levels of client satisfaction where the channel has active or critical presence
- Proven success in enterprise software sales in both direct and indirect environments – 10+ years of relevant, progressive experience
- A focus on driving quantifiable success in partner relationships rather than simply aggregating partners
- Strong ability to grow C-level relationships with regional and global channel distribution partners
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- An analytical mindset, relationship development skills, and an ability to collaborate across business functions including marketing, sales, product, operations, finance and legal.
- A strategic thinker, who can identify and engage with potential partners and understand the impact partnerships could have on the company’s growth initiatives and the value partners derive from their Billtrust relationship.
- Experience in a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), software or product-centric business required; Fintech industry experience strongly preferred
- Global/International operational experience nice-to-have
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k): We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer each individual employee a healthcare package that is 100% paid for by Billtrust.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons - We enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
Billtrust is the best-in-class provider of Payment Cycle Management and accounts receivable solutions, helping businesses accelerate Invoice-to-Cash. We provide a flexible, automated, cloud-based product portfolio that meets diverse buyer requirements and speeds cash application through tailored invoice delivery, secure multi-channel payment enablement, and intelligent matching and payment posting. Our platforms process $30B+ annually and help companies like Kraft Foods, New Balance Athletics and Ferguson Enterprises get paid faster and more efficiently. For the past 18 years, we have achieved remarkable success with year-over-year growth and we attribute that growth to our people and culture - We encourage employees to have autonomy, think creatively, share ideas – even with our CEO – and to challenge the status quo every day without a lot of red tape.