Senior Solution Architect at FIS
We are FIS. Our technology powers the world's economy and our teams bring innovation to life. We champion diversity to deliver the best products and solutions for our colleagues, clients and communities. If you're ready to start learning, growing and making an impact with a career in fintech, we'd like to know: Are you FIS?
About the role:
We're seeking an experienced Senior Solution Architect to join the Solutions and Analytics team in FIS' Data Solutions Group. In this role, you will design and architect one or more data products within the FIS™ Ethos ecosystem of data solutions.
About the team:
FIS' Data Solutions Group is a highly collaborative and fast-paced group responsible for providing the next generation of data products and services to FIS clients. Our products provide transformative, data-driven insights and actions, and empower our clients to succeed in an increasingly competitive, data-driven world.
What you will be doing:
In this role you will:
Focuses primarily on one of the four architecture disciplines typically within a single business group.
Uses best practices and knowledge of technologies and processes that are appropriate for the architecture discipline the incumbent is assigned to improve FIS products and/or services.
Works under general supervision with latitude for independent judgment.
Works on small to large, complex projects that require increased skill in multiple technical environments.
Possesses knowledge in a specific business area. Works on one or more projects as a team member or occasionally as a project lead.
May coach junior technical staff.
May consult with senior peers on certain projects.
Typically requires four or more years of systems development
What you will need:
Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. Post-graduate education desired.
- Must have led technology direction for multiple projects and led or presented architecture concepts outside realm of immediate workgroup
- Demonstrated experience as application development system designer or technical lead on many "very large", i.e., 10,000 hours or more spanning more than 6 months projects
- May also require one or more of the following experience requirements:
- Eight or more years working in big data platforms like Hadoop and other DBMS like Snowflake, Oracle, DB2, SQL server etc.
- Eight or more years demonstrated experience in working with BI analytics tools like Tableau, Micro-strategy, Web-focus etc.
- Eight or more years demonstrated experience in modern software application technologies including cloud service providers: AWS and Azure.
- Experience in architecting a full lifecycle of analytical solutions for internal and external customers.
- Successful design and implementation of applications in a shared service bureau environment
- Experience in building On-Line Transaction Processing (OLTP), batch and reporting systems
- Experience in using Unified Modeling Language (UML) for Object Modeling
- Experience in building robust and scalable infrastructure architectures (telephony systems, network services, web farms, multiple-node systems, etc.
What we offer you:
At FIS, you can grow your career as far as you want to take it. Here's what else we offer:
• Opportunities to make an impact in fintech
• Personal and professional learning
• Inclusive, diverse work environment
• Resources to give back to your community
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on or before December 31, 2021. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.