Senior Solution Architect - Supply Chain at Ball Aerospace
Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
The Senior Solution Architect (SA) is responsible for the work of a team of cross-functional SAs within a community of practice. This leader is responsible for the process of developing solution architectures and designs that are responsive to business needs while consistent with long term architectures of IT. The Senior SA is committed to nurturing and assuring the requisite talent across the solution architecture community of practice to accomplish that team's goals and missions, ensuring that technology solutions meet business requirements and aligned to key deliverables, process, and enterprise architectural requirements while aligning with long-term architectural goals. In addition, the Senior SA is responsible for evaluating and selecting the technologies required to support those technology solution plans. The Senior SA also provides direction and technical leadership across Ball IT domains.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Provide leadership to the solution architecture community of practice to drive end-to-end solution architecture integrity and the functional relationship with other projects and/or applications consistent with long term architectural roadmap in the area of Supply Chain Planning, Procurement, and IBP. Solution Architecure activities will include planning, design, writing business and technical requirements, facilitating development, building use cases, coordinating and executing UAT, training and communication as part of delivery.
- Provide technical leadership to the business partners by interacting directly with senior business leaders to develop the technical dimensions of a solution that meets the needs of the business. For this position, the Senior SA must provide subject matter expertise in procurement application (experience with Coupa preferred), and procurement interfaces with ERP systems (JDE, SAP, S4 Hana).
- The Senior SA would be expected to be able to create data models (schemas, tables, attributes) and interface architecture requirements for Supply Chain related projects.
- Partnering with Ball's Integration Architecture and Enterprise Architecture teams, the Senior SA will develop standards in B2B transactional architecture, including developing a catalog of integration patterns and a how-to guide for integration setup, i.e., using Talend APIs, EDI Communications, Customer Ariba and Coupa on boarding.
- The Senior SA will coordinate with the data governance team to enhance and communicate Ball's Enterprise Data Management standards and capabilities, including development of data governance playbooks and reference guides.
- The Senior SA will facilitate project dependency inputs for data privacy protection and cloud security reviews.
- Clearly communicate (verbally and in written form) with business leaders to describe the technical solution comprehensively, and address questions from the business users to assure their comfort with the technical solution
- Understand current technology, solutions, and industry trends and conceptualize solutions that address business needs, opportunities and issues. Facilitate discussion on solution options/alternatives and associated impacts.
- Support the enterprise architecture team by providing input into the long term architectural vision for systems and platforms that have an impact on the capability/service delivery area
- Validate the alignment of solutions with corporate standards and compliance requirements
- In collaboration with BCs ensure that capability map, roadmap of technologies aligned to capabilities, and application inventory/lifecycle/TCO established
- Support capability/service delivery area leaders in acquiring and/or upskilling team members so that the requisite skills to oversee work of suppliers and internal development teams to ensure that solutions support the business needs and align to the articulated solution architectures
- Maintain knowledge of technical products and services in order to assess impact to production environment of proposed design (inclusive of applications and infrastructure)
- Provide technical guidance to develop solution ideas and provide input for internal delivery teams and/or suppliers in developing solution delivery estimates
- Review and approve solutions such that the technical requirements are complete, thorough, and representative of all business requirements
- Understand methods and practices for solution development/build in order to support holistic technical requirements for the solution, inclusive of configuration, security, and quality
- Drive the preparation for the architectural review process (e.g., ARB) to facilitate discussions regarding necessary modifications to project solution architecture to overcome design challenges or deviations observed in project design
Position Requirement & Competencies:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college level education or work-related experience
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering or similar
- 5+ years of experience as a Solution Architect
- Minimum 10 total years' experience in other technical roles such as developer or system analyst
- Strong consultative skills at a cross functional level
- Experience with analysis level tools for: activity diagrams, business use cases, business rules, and system level features
- Experience in Enterprise Architecture frameworks (TOGAF or similar is preferred)
- Broad based platform and technical exposure and complete software development lifecycle perspective
- Good presentation and communication skills, with the ability to translate and clearly formulate technical issues for technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong project and team management skills
- Experience managing teams of solution architects in the delivery and implementation of software systems and platforms
- Experience in managing a global, multinational and remote teams in a matrix environment
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 98,500 - 150,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Job Grade: 13
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in "@ball.com." Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans