We are looking for a results-driven, new business oriented sales professional to actively prospect and sell to potential new customers within the Fortune 1000, government orgs and financial institutions. Building on unrivaled coverage of the economic, industry and risk landscape, Economics & Country Risk enables clients—large and small—to identify growth, plan accurately and navigate uncertainty. IHS Markit partners with companies to help them identify new trends, size growth opportunities, monitor risk and opportunity ratio, conduct market assessments, plan for alternate scenarios and secure their business continuity. As part of our team, you will have responsibility for driving new business sales through prospecting and networking. Success in this role involves partnering with colleagues in Marketing, Product Management, Research & Analysis and Sales Operations to effectively support and strengthen your own sales initiatives.
We’re looking for a Sales professional who can:
· Meet or exceed monthly new business goals
· Drive new customer leads through cold calling and coordinated campaign outreach
· Employ a solution-based sales methodology to best align Economics & Country Risk’s capabilities with prospect needs
· Prioritize and organize sales and administrative tasks to ensure expected outcomes are achieved on schedule
· Provide timely and accurate insight to their pipeline leading to accurate forecasts
· Represent and promote the company to senior executives both internally and externally
· Develop a strong understanding of the value proposition for our offerings as it relates to their end market
· Minimum 10 years of business to business sales experience
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to tailor communications to audience needs
· Proven excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to build effective internal and external relationships
· Experience selling information services (research, data, consulting)
· Willingness to travel up to 25% during normal times in order to conduct face to face meetings or attend industry conferences
· Bachelor’s degree minimum
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.