Senior Sales Engineer at Fivetran
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
Our Sales team needs a technical ace in the hole for when the questions get tough. You’ll work one-on-one with both prospects and Sales team members to help discuss how Fivetran fits within their technology strategy. You’ll have a full understanding of how Fivetran is architected and a clear understanding of how Fivetran is best used in data stacks. Additionally, you’ll be tasked to invent and implement creative solutions for edge-case issues.
- Support sales teams with deep technical knowledge and understanding of Fivetran product offerings and data space.
- Serve as the technical liaison between sales and product/engineering teams.
- Act as the primary resource in solving technical issues and inquiries in pre-sales and onboarding processes.
- Proactively engage with product and engineering teams on roadmap, soliciting and sharing customer/prospect feedback where necessary.
- Assist in documentation efforts around Fivetran product offerings, internal knowledge base, and training resources.
- Technical experience as a database administrator, backend engineer, or IT services within an enterprise or tech startup
- Experience successfully demonstrating and articulating the value of Business Intelligence and Analytics tools
- Proficiency in SQL programming
- Working knowledge of best practices and troubleshooting for connecting to Databases (deep Oracle, Oracle RAC, Amazon Oracle RDS preferred)
- Ability to influence technical audiences in their language, and influence business audiences by translating complex technology concepts
- Passion for data and analytics, a philosophy of using technology to help solve business problems
- Working knowledge of Cloud Data Lakes concepts
- Keen analytical and problem-solving skills
- Curiosity to learn and assimilate technical information quickly, enthusiasm to share and teach others
- Available for up to 40% travel
Perks of working with us:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance
- Flexible PTO
- 401k match program
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter Benefits to help with transit and parking costs
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company happy hours and fun team building activities
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Integrity, Initiative, and One Team, One Dream. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.