Senior Sales Analyst
Sr. Sales Analyst
Personal Capital is the pioneer and market leader in digital wealth management, disrupting the traditional $30 trillion U.S. wealth management market. The company is a hybrid of technology driven advice complemented with human advisors, delivered virtually and directly to the consumer. Our free personal finance app is utilized by over a million users helping them track over $650 billion of their personal finances, all in one place. Our award-winning apps paved the way for our advisory firm, which now manages over $8 billion in personalized investment portfolios for families in the U.S. Personal Capital has raised over $200 million in capital from accomplished financial and strategic investors (IVP, Venrock, Crosslink, Corsair, Blackrock, BBVA, USAA, IGM/Power) to execute on its vision.
The Advisory Services Business Analyst is responsible for driving, coordinating, and executing data analytics and efficiency initiatives across multiple departments including Advisory, Product, Marketing, Data, and Finance with a core focus Personal Capital’s Advisory Services group.
The Advisory Services Business Analyst should desire to work on multiple projects simultaneously with the ability to change focus quickly. They must love extracting and transforming large amounts of data into actionable business information, making it readily available to stakeholders in an easy to understand format.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct the full suite of data analyses to uncover insights about our product and users: Cohort Analysis, Funnel Analysis, Data/User Segmentation, etc.
- Conceptualize and maintain key performance reports and dashboards through deep data analysis with an emphasis on automation and scalability.
- Detect trends, identify opportunities, and provide actionable insights to department leaders allowing them to make informed data-driven decisions to drive the core business.
- Design and analyze A/B tests to drive KPI improvements.
- Apply expertise in quantitative analysis and data visualization to tell the story behind the numbers.
- Partner with Engineering to optimize data tracking / quality and drive data warehouse improvements.
- Work closely with business partners to identify and analyze practical solutions through existing or new business systems.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of and passion for business analytics and insights.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Statistics, Mathematics or related quantitative field.
- 4+ years business focused analysis experience in a Data Analyst or Business Intelligence focused role.
- Familiarity with data analytics and reporting systems including Tableau, Redshift, Salesforce, Qualtrics, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with SQL, R, or Python is a plus
- Expert knowledge in analysis of business process, workflow, and modeling.
- Ability to work closely with Senior Management and maintain strict levels of confidentiality.
- Ability to take direction and work with autonomy.
- Ability to exhibit strong decision making supported by quantitative data and qualitative rationale.
- Exceptional verbal, written and listening communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, team-oriented, and collaborative.