Senior Relationship Manager at Hotel Engine
Hotel Engine, a startup based in Denver, is a leader in travel tech with a demonstrated track record of growth and impact. Our foundations are strong, and we’ve navigated the COVID-19 crisis by bringing our customer obsession, innovative platform, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision. By partnering with tens of thousands of businesses and government agencies and hundreds of thousands of hotels around the world, we have built a resilient and adaptable business model and 2021 will be our best year yet. Working hard behind the scenes are exceptional people–from our large engineering and product teams, to our fast-growing sales, supplier and member experience orgs, to our data, marketing, and operations teams. As individuals and together, we show our DNA every day with our curiosity, will to win, ownership and high standards.
Our Lodging Account Management team is looking for a Senior Relationship Manager to onboard, develop and maintain a high-quality portfolio of hotel products for our growing customer base. In this role, you’ll manage your market by evaluating local market characteristics, trends and drivers to increase business value and performance. With your industry expertise and communication skills, you will become a trusted partner and advisor across your portfolio, creating and articulating compelling win-win offerings that address their needs and serve Hotel Engine’s goals.
In this role you will:
- Use data and client requests as well as our distribution and revenue management tools to maximize the production potential of hotel partners within our marketplace
- Maintain a competitive, attractive and relevant portfolio of hotel products for Hotel Engine’s global customer base
- Ensure metrics including average discount, inventory acquisition, 3rd party supply, conversion, and spend per booking are meeting or exceeding expectations
- Ensure your portfolio’s products are optimized on Hotel Engine’s sites to maximize conversion
- Research, develop and prospect new hotel partners and facilitate the RFP and onboarding processes
- Develop strong relationships with hoteliers as a valued advisor and business partner
- Promote and develop partner engagement with Hotel Engine’s suite of
- Unique market insights (partner reports, competitive data, key performance drivers)
- Revenue management tools (dynamic promotions, packages, fenced deals, mobile)
- Marketing and merchandising opportunities
- Self-service tools (Hotel Engine Supplier Portal)
- Base compensation range: $95,000 - $105,000. Total compensation for this role also includes an additional variable component, increasing on-target earning potential.
Your background and experience will likely include:
- 2+ years’ experience in account management
- 5+ years’ experience in hotel revenue management or business travel sales in a management role
- Expertise in hotel business practices including pricing, distribution, yield management, and contracting
- Hotel School or university background preferred
- Availability to travel and be in the local market 50% of the time
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
- Written and spoken fluency in English
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine is on Built in Colorado’s 2021 Best Places to Work list and provides each employee with the opportunity to take on new challenges that support their near and long-term goals in a high-growth, startup environment. We also give back and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries. Salary offers will be based on the candidate's qualifications.
- Performance-driven commission opportunities for select roles
- Performance-driven equity awards
- Parental leave programs
- Generous time-off including open PTO, sick days and two paid volunteer days each year
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage (with a plan available at no cost to employees), dental and vision offerings, as well as FSA, wellness, pet and disability offerings
- A 401(k) plan with a match program launching in Q1 2021