Senior Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer at Workiva
Led by an action-driven leadership team, employees at Workiva develop and provide cutting-edge solutions and services to the business market. We firmly believe our people are our greatest assets, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to not only make a difference, but BE the difference. This incredible culture has earned us a spot on Fortune Magazine's 100 Best Companies to work for list for the 2nd consecutive year!
As a Senior Presales Solution Engineer— Business Partner, you will work closely with Workiva Sales teams to align Workiva’s innovative platform to the technology portfolio for our customers and partners. You will coordinate technical architecture, solutions, and integration throughout the entire deal lifecycle including discovery, solution development, presentation, and proposal. Using your technical and integration knowledge, you will play an important role in the Workiva sales process; driving large, complex deals in key accounts.
The Senior Solutions Engineer serves as the technical and solution expert to assist in mapping a customer's needs to our application across one or more domain areas. In addition, the Senior Solutions Engineer leads technical discussions on sales calls with customers and partners.
While an individual contributor, the Senior Solutions Engineer is seen as a leader among their peers and proactively finds opportunities to have a cross-organizational impact, take initiatives, and may help develop and mentor others.
- Works with the sales team to engage customers and prospects via phone, web, or onsite meetings, drive the discovery process, and identify areas where Workiva solutions align to address customer/prospect needs.
- Offers subject matter expertise in Workiva technology and solutions, and demonstrates how Workiva can meet the customer's goals and objectives.
- Present business cases and proposals that articulate Workiva's value and ROI.
- Ensures customer success by working with Workiva Client Services team for smooth onboarding and long term success.
- Develops and delivers compelling presentations of Workiva's platform to customers by developing new use-cases or by using existing templates providing proof of our solution's impact and value proposition.
- Qualifies, develops, and helps close opportunities leveraging cross organizational team members.
- Conducts process assessments with customers, builds Proof of Concepts to validate requirements, builds and presents customer specific business cases.
- Follows emerging market trends and provides guidance on their application to customers.
- Presents Workiva product roadmap to customers and partners effectively.
- Develops expertise across multiple domain areas developing working knowledge of industries, departments, and use cases where Workiva can have an impact.
- Broadly shares subject matter, application, technical, market and customer insights and experience.
- Leads by mentoring peers, onboarding new associates, cross-domain coaching, and leading on-going training.
- Consistently demonstrates leadership across the team and the organization while serving as a champion of Workiva’s values.
- Collaborates with product managers, technical specialists, and architects, to achieve team and company goals.
What You'll NeedEducation:Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.Skills:
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated with strong propensity for action, results and continuous improvement
- The ability to work successfully in a high-energy, fast paced, rapidly changing environment is necessary
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple processes, programs, and procedures simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of financial systems from enterprise software companies like Oracle, SAP, NetSuite, Anaplan, Workday, Sage, etc.
- Ability to leverage sales approaches and methodologies prioritized by Workiva leadership on a consistent basis.
- Ability to speak to multiple customer audiences from individual contributor to executive management with confidence and a tailored message.
- Ability to establish customer connections and business relationships.
- Can communicate, present and discuss Workiva's data flows, integration capabilities as it relates to a customer's current business processes.
- Advanced problem solving skills with the ability to adapt to changing technology and business environments.
- 3-5 years of experience in public accounting and/or corporate finance (FP&A).
- 3-5 years of hands on experience with Workiva solutions or other equivalent technology.
- Senior Associate or Consultant level in the Big Four or public accounting.
- Experience engaging with and presenting to business managers and executives.
- Experience with SaaS solutions, cloud technologies, and web security.
- Experience with enterprise applications such as SAP, NetSuites, Oracle, IBM and cloud applications such as Host Analytics, Anaplan, Salesforce, etc.
TravelUp to 70%
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: We rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/life/
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.