Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The SMB Sales Commercialization helps drive new product revenue for FIS. We work in the Merchant Solutions section of FIS - providing payment solutions to businesses of all sizes around the world, from the local SMBs to the largest international companies. The team manages the go-to-market process for a number of FIS's SMB payment products, including contributing to the strategic direction, creating new sales and training assets, helping build the partner pipeline and driving ongoing growth of the products. We also leading or supporting a number of strategic initiatives for the SMB segment, including large scale migration programs, which are aimed to help us achieve our medium to longer term objectives. We are a global team, supporting both our US and International Lines of Business.
What you will be doing
We are looking to recruit a Senior Manager - SMB Sales Commercialization with significant experience in structuring, managing and delivering product driven business initiatives.
The ability to come in and hit the ground running will be essential. The successful candidate will have experience of payments industry or broader financial services experience and have strong analytical and commercial skills. We expect this role to be responsible for a wide range of initiatives, ranging from working cross functionally to launch new products, to helping the business define their cross-sales strategy, as well as taking an active role in operationalizing large scale commercial initiatives (e.g. large partnerships). We expect the initiatives to span our global SMB Business, including the US and the UK
Success in this role will be defined as successful execution of the initiatives owned, primarily measured as incremental revenue from short and longer term initiatives (e.g. new in-house product launches, product-partnerships operationalized)
Your main responsibilities will include
- Work flexibly across multiple product launches or commercialization motions, ensuring the smooth execution of high-profile, high-impact initiatives for our SMB merchants. You will be working cross-functionally with Product, Marketing, Commercial, Legal etc. to ensure we understand the commercial opportunity, develop the right propositions and target the right segments, as well as planning for and monitoring new roll-outs in a coordinated manner.
- Quickly grasp the technical features of products and communicate these to internal audiences in an easy to understand way
- Ensure successful product launches by providing project management support to the go-to-market workstreams for new product launches, managing a complex, cross-functional group of stakeholders to ensure all work-streams deliver on time and to a high standard
- When required, you may also build and own the business case, getting input from Finance and the business owner, and then present it to the relevant members of the Int'l MS and Group SLT
- Drive uptake of commercialized products. Support partner pipelining for products commercialized, working alongside senior Commercial leads to identify the right partners and gain buy in to promote new solutions to their customer base. Create clear sales playbooks for our merchant sales and partner BD teams that help them understand and clearly communicate our value proposition
- Work on a cross-product basis to help define our overall cross-sales strategy, identify the appropriate sales motions per product type, develop a clear view of TAM and prioritize cross-sales initiatives appropriately.
- Be the liaison between the LOB and Product to ensure alignment on product gaps, requirements and priorities
What you bring:
- 3-6 years in a strategy (consulting or in-house), go-to-market strategy or a commercial delivery role in payments or a similar field
- Ability to grasp the technical features of products and communicate these to internal audiences in an easy to understand way
- Commercially focused, with a desire to drive great outcomes for the business
- Experience engaging on a strategic level with key stakeholders
- Proactive and strategic thinker, able to look ahead to foresee issues and plan around them
- Excellent organisation skills, able to coordinate across multiple projects and stay on top of details
- Strong analytical skills, including intermediate-level financial modelling and business case creation
- Experience creating clear and engaging customer or senior-executive facing presentations or sales collateral
- Clear, proactive communicator (both written and verbal), able to listen and work well with others while being confident and assertive where required
- Strong networker, both internally & externally, able to build relationships across all areas of the business
Added bonus if you have:
- Payments industry experience
- Experience working on complex commercial initiatives
- Competitive salary and attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, and travel insurance
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
View our benefits here: https://cdn.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/FIGLUS/documents/2021BenefitsSnapshot-1611561721803.pdf The posted salary range describes the minimum to maximum range for this job description in the state of Colorado. The salary range is posted in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay For Equal Work Act. The salary range for this same position may be lower or higher in markets outside of Colorado.$91,200-153,210
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.