Senior Manager, Sales Training and Development at OnDeck
Innovation, collaboration, and success: at OnDeck, We Make It Happen. We’ve changed the way small businesses access financing. With the spirit of a fintech start-up and the stability of a larger organization, OnDeck helps customers achieve their ambitions while leading in the small business lending space. We operate with a one team mindset, supporting each other and celebrating our wins together. If you’re looking for a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, inclusive environment where you can make an impact on our customers and business, OnDeck could be the place for you.
The vision of our Sales, Marketing, and Partnerships team is to drive long-term revenue with small businesses by creating meaningful and value-added engagement at every touchpoint, developing the foundation for an ongoing business relationship. OnDeck is looking for a dynamic, driven, and independent Sales Training and Development professional with a passion for helping salespeople and sales organizations grow and develop the skills required to win with integrity and skill. This individual must be ready to analyze the current Sales environment, identify gaps and conduct needs analyses, propose solutions, and implement effective programs to drive a faster and more efficient sales process.
As a Senior Manager, Sales Training and Development at OnDeck, you will impact a variety of functional areas:
- Refine the onboarding plan for new sales hires
- Create an onboarding plan for newly promoted sales professionals at all levels and across all channels
Sales Process & Funnel Analysis
- Work with Analyze gaps at each stage of the funnel
- Analyze sales agent skill gaps and work with Revenue People Operations Business Partner to recommend solutions to address those gaps
Sales Funnel Optimization
- Work closely with leaders in the Revenue division to align sales development initiatives with the goals of the company, division, and individual
- Develop strategies to reduce sales cycles and increase win rates
- Work with Marketing to identify, develop and deliver necessary sales collateral for every stage of the sales funnel (objection handlers, ROI tools, competitor battlecards, etc.)
- Create a guidance system and develop strategies to ensure usage of sales collateral
- Work closely with the Revenue People Operations Business Partner and People Operations Learning team to define development paths, identify gaps, and implement a sustainable cadence of training
- Research and identify vendors that can implement and train a sales philosophy that enhances the skill and ability of our current process and people
- Coordinate training and coaching activities throughout the year, including partnering with Marketing to deliver sales trainings and materials for new product and feature launches
- Build close working relationships with Sales Managers across our New York and Denver offices
- Build close working relationships with Operations, Revenue, Marketing, Compliance, and Risk Divisions
- Maintain a deep understanding of the compliance needs at the organizational and department level
Qualifications to make it happen:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- At least 7 years of experience working in a sales organization in an enablement and/or training and development capacity.
- Experience with Salesforce or an equivalent CRM
- Experience with Learning Management Systems
- Experience building and delivering training that yields results.
- Experience building strong relationships with cross-functional partners to gain buy-in and support.
- Historically takes a proactive approach to training and development, including creating proposals and recommending solutions to Sales Executives.
- Operate within our OnDeck Values of One Team, Switched On, Driven to Win, Focused Innovation, and Strike the Right Balance.
- Experience coaching and upskilling sales professionals.
- Experience within the Finance, lending, or banking industries.
- Building a blended learning curriculum (online, in-person, coaching, and on-the-job training)
OnDeck is the largest online small business lender in the U.S. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $12 billion in loans for many business needs including inventory purchase, equipment acquisition, hiring, and general corporate purposes. Serving more than 700 industries throughout the country, OnDeck has been trusted by over 100,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build a growing and thriving enterprise.
Click here for a glimpse inside our offices
At OnDeck, it’s We Before Me. We support each other and we love seeing people succeed. That’s why we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Flexible Paid Time Off; Paid Sick Days; Paid Holidays; Paid Birthday
- Comprehensive Healthcare (Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance)
- Wellness Subsidy and Mental Health Coaches
- Voluntary Auto/Home/Pet Insurance
- Educational Reimbursement; Flexible Working Arrangements
- 401k Matching, Loan Consolidation, Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Paid Parental Leave and Sabbaticals
- Affinity Groups and Volunteer Events
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Built in NYC’s 100 Best Places to Work, 2019
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
- Denver Business Journal Largest Technology Employers in Denver, 2019
- Denver Business Journal Best Places to Work, 2019
- FinTech Breakthrough Award – Best Overall LendTech Company, 2018
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Great Place to Work Certification, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Inc. 500|5000, 2013, 2014
- Inc. Hire Power, 2013
- Lending Tree’s Top Rated Customer Satisfaction, Q1 2018
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- US News & World Report, “Best Unsecured Business Loans of 2018” – Best for Term Loans
- Washington Post Top Places to Work, 2019
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- TalentDesk’s Best Large Companies for Computer Science Jobs in Arlington, Virginia: #1, 2019
- TalentDesk’s Best Companies for Customer Service Jobs in Denver, Colorado: #1, 2019
- TalentDesk’s Best Companies for Quality Assurance Jobs in Denver, Colorado: #1, 2019
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**