Senior Manager, Sales Compensation Design & Strategy (Remote) at Freshworks
Freshworks makes it fast and easy for businesses to delight their customers and employees. We do this by taking a fresh approach to building and delivering affordable, quick to implement, and designed software for the end-user. More than 50,000 companies -- from startups to public companies -- worldwide use Freshworks software-as-a-service to enable a better customer experience (CRM) and employee experience (ITSM, HRSM).
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Freshworks has a dedicated team operating from 13 global locations to serve customers, including American Express, Sony, Vice Media, TaylorMade, Sotheby's, Stitchfix, OfficeMax, Multichoice, Delivery Hero, ITV, and Klarna.
Freshworks transforms the way world-class organizations collaborate with customers and co-workers. The suite includes Freshdesk (omnichannel customer support), Freshsales (sales automation), Freshmarketer (marketing automation), Freshservice (IT service desk), Freshteam (HR management system).
Freshworks is a fast-growing unicorn, and we are looking for a Senior Manager, Sales Compensation Strategy to join our growing Revenue Operations team. This will be a strategic thought leader who leads Freshworks' worldwide incentive compensation strategy, as well as the design to deployment process.
This role is a hybrid of traditional jobs in compensation, finance, sales operations and strategic planning, and is crucial to supporting the explosive growth of Freshworks' sales teams. Success in this role means designing incentive compensation plans and policies that are clear, measurable, cost-efficient, and effective at driving behaviors to meet business objectives. The candidate should be familiar with how software companies Go-To-Market and how to align incentives with the responsibilities of different roles (e.g., sales development reps, account executives, solutions engineering, customer success, channels & alliances, etc.). This role offers the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment and communicate regularly with executive leadership.
The scope for this role ranges from strategic to operational. Including developing compensation recommendations based on business objectives and building consensus among leaders to ensuring metrics can be tracked and compensation processes drive scale.
Revenue Operations at Freshworks is transforming how we Go-To-Market. Through thoughtful analysis and data driven conversations we propel growth and seek to expand our reach in the marketplace. We work with Executive Leaders to understand sales productivity, develop strategic goals and targets, while aligning incentive and behaviors with the company's growth objectives and strategy.
- Lead the incentive compensation design-to-deployment process including working with executive leaders to understand strategic business objectives, assessing the success of current incentives, proposing new incentive designs, securing final decisions and approvals, and communicating new incentives to leaders and employees
- Project managing deployment solutions across internal and external business partners, from documentation of final plan designs and policies through plan deployment
- Work with the team that will administer the plans and make updates to Rocketship compensation systems. This role will partner across the organization to drive best in class sales compensation processes and work with IT to define the future of our CRM product.
- Develop processes to provide the design inputs and relevant Freshworks specific compensation data to the Revenue Operations and Sales Finance teams.
- Design temporary incentives (e.g., "SPIFFs") to support short term priorities
- Communicate with field and relevant stakeholders on policy and program changes in a compelling and effective manner
- Oversee the creation of a Sales scorecard to evaluate sales effectiveness, working with enablement to drive Sales programs to drive productivity.
- Understand and track the sales capacity, cost of incentive compensation programs and plan designs
- SaaS Experience in Compensation, Sales Operations, Consulting, Strategic Planning, or related fields
- Strong Excel skills: use of advanced formulas, pivot tables, data manipulation, VBA
- Familiarity with Data Visualization Tools (Microsoft PowerBi, Tableau, DOMO, etc.)
- Knowledge of incentive plan structures (quotas, accelerators, pay mix, and on-target earnings)
- Has strong analytical skills and a structured approach to solving unique business problems
- Exceptional problem-solving skills: demonstrated ability to structure complex problems and develop solutions
- Strong presentation skills, especially related to building compelling presentations and presenting recommendations and decisions to executive leadership
- Project management skills and ability to partner across functional areas (e.g., Sales, Finance, Operations, and HR)
- Self-starter capable of independently driving projects to completion
- Bonus points for proficiency with coding languages (SQL, Python, R, etc.) and experience at a hyper growth company