Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and are leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
The Senior Enterprise Architect - Cloud Computing will develop strategies, requirements, and roadmaps across a multitude of domains to ensure the integrity, viability, performance of the set of domains within his or her purview. He/she is committed to developing long-term domain-specific roadmaps, assuring that technology solutions meet business requirements, while aligning with long-term architectural goals, integrating seamlessly across multiple platforms and systems while having a positive impact on the TCO of the IT portfolio. Senior EAs will be accountable for the work of Enterprise Architects within their teams, each with more focused domain accountabilities. Senior EAs also have indirect accountability for the performance of the solution architects within the Service Delivery teams to assure their solutions adhere to the roadmap for the domain
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Accountable for a team of EAs to develop long-term (3-5 year) roadmaps for Cloud Computing domain (e.g., network, compute)
- Collaborate with other IT architectural domains to develop cohesive architectural roadmaps and designs, and a governance method (including documentation standards, reference architectures, tools and processes) to montior and assure compliance
- Maintain deep subject matter expertise within the respective domain, and communicate domain-specific capabilities, strategies, goals, and relevance to other IT Leaders and Business Partners
- Analyze technical needs, requirements, and the current perfomance of domain architecture (e.g., designs, integrations, and operations), and provide prioritization and guidance to CoE teams in development of remediation plans for current state systems that are not aligned with long term roadmap
- Define, develop and maintain domain architecture standards and principles; set domain architecture standards, methodologies, and requirements
- Plan and recommend domain-specific hardware, systems management software and firmware
- Provide subject matter expertise for proof of concept design efforts
- Provide guidance and leadership to CoE Leaders and engineering support teams in performing design, test, and implementation efforts with respect to the domain
- Understand the lifecycle requirements of the domain infrastructure/applications, and work proactively with COE Leaders to drive recommended/required investment
- Evaluate emerging domain-specific technologies and recommend those that will increase performance, reliability, cost effectiveness, infrastructure flexibility or otherwise provide value to Ball Corp
- Drive end-to-end domain architecture integrity
- Broker effective communication between suppliers, architects, or other stakeholders as necessary to resolve test issues or develop alternatives should issues arise
- Have a cross-functional understanding of the IT architectural domains, while also having deep subject matter expertisewithin the domain, and the ability to communicate its role and importance to the business
- Supports the definition and selection of enterprise technology and solutions
- Directs, manages, and develops the capability and professional standards of the IT function (individual and organizational capability); continuously assesses talent and develops future leaders for Ball; inspires individuals and creates an environment of feedback, collaboration, and team achievement
- Participate in the annual AOP process and budgeting as needed
Position Requirement & Competencies:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college degree level education or work-related experience
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience, Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience as an Enterprise Architect, or equivalent with increasing levels of responsibility in a large, complex corporate information technology environment
Establishing multi cloud strategy (public/private, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and identifying long term roadmap of workloads to the cloud
Deep technical understanding of cloud-native design, strong middleware, API security (gateway), service first and platform component experience
Microsoft Azure background preferred
Strong understanding of IaaS and PaaS and configuration management and automation (infrastructure as code, etc.
Experience implementing mission critical components, HA/DR/BCP
Experience with networking technologies and cloud load balancing, F5/App gateways/WAF, etc.
- Manufacturing industry experience preferred
- Experience in leading global, multinational and remote teams, including off-shore, in matrix organization with demonstrated ability to work across and deliver multiple critical paths and develop schedules in a collaborative environment
- Experience leading a team of developers, technologists and/or domain architects in large scale enterprise software implementations and proof-of-concept initiatives
- Understanding of cloud (on-premises and off-premises), APIs, microservices, mobile applications and, building solutions to deliver a desired user experience
- Deep understanding of software development methodologies including Agile
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 98,500 - 150,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Job Grade: 13
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans