Senior Energy Manager – Global Energy at Prologis
Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 990 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Job Title:Senior Energy Manager – Global Energy
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
Prologis is seeking a Senior Energy Manager to help set the strategy and drive sales growth of our energy solutions globally. Prologis is currently ranked #3 among onsite solar among US corporations and is actively engaged in solar, storage and EV projects in over 11 countries. We are investing in projects, growing our team and expanding our commitment to renewables globally. With over 4,700 buildings owned around the world, the types of renewable solutions you will offer will be innovative, meaningful and exciting. You will be in a leadership role as part of a top-notch team of Global Energy professionals who are driving value for Prologis and our customers.
You will report to the Vice President of Global Energy and will take a leadership role among our team of project developers to drive and enforce standards, systems and tools throughout the sales process. The ultimate goal for this role is player/coach where you sell and help enable the rest of the team to sell while also driving for sales growth in existing and new markets. This role requires experience evaluating energy projects, customer presentations, selling, negotiating, market evaluation, contract review and, ultimately, ensuring we meet our sales goals. This position offers an unparalleled ability to build the largest portfolio of commercial energy assets globally.
What’s needed in order to do that:
- Work as the main point of contact for several project developers and as a key contact for our external EPC partner to expeditiously prepare customer facing proposals, underlying analysis, and other materials needed to support sales
- Be the driving force and solar program owner in the US geographies. Initial focus will be in the US (our largest market), but ultimate responsibility may extend to more of Prologis’ global markets
- Conduct onboarding and ongoing training of new project developers and sales support team
- Core contributor to all aspects of the design and creation of Prologis energy-related real estate products and services Open up new markets conducting market discovery, working with market teams to set the conditions, processes and working relationships needed for success in those markets
- Manage sales stages, ensure that the requirements of each stage are completed and help maintain the accuracy of pipeline data within Salesforce.com
- Create content including proposals, custom slides, market & utility level information
- Assist or drive transactions by working with our field team and external contractors to schedule site assessments, structural reviews, customer meetings and presentations
- Create standards around key account management (CLS) including preparation of portfolio level reports and analyses of/for our customers
- Lead customer presentations and ensure that new hires are trained properly on our sales pitch, tools, contracting and sales process and value drivers
- Oversee and coordinate with EPC partner(s) as well as multiple subcontractors/installers
- Interface and develop strong working relationships with various regional internal and external partners to ensure the Energy team is viewed as a responsive team that brings value to our real estate business
- Ensure customer satisfaction by ensuring proper coordination and communication takes place
- Understand, follow and potentially create internal guidelines for document control, saving, meetings and approvals
- Coordinate with legal, as needed, to assist with contract negotiations and to resolve programmatic needs/requirements
- Be proactive and willingly learn how to use and master the tools required to provide energy solutions to our customers
Tell us if you’re ready.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in sales or sales management ideally within a business to business environment
- Bachelor's degree
- Positive attitude, strong ability to communicate across departments and drive to “get the deal done”
- Knowledge of power purchase agreements, distributed solar, storage, EV and general renewable energy
- Strong real estate business acumen and instinct
- Experience managing many tasks concurrently, meeting deadlines and doing what it takes to win deals
- A natural desire to collaborate, problem solve, communicate effectively and drive overall team success
- Strong written and verbal communication skills especially as it relates to customer interaction
- Experience with Energy Toolbase, Helioscope, MS Excel and Salesforce strongly desired
- Able to travel up to 40% of the time
Hiring Salary Range of: $85,000 - $115,000. Salary and whole compensation package (bonus target)to be determined by the candidate’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.
All full-time roles in the US come with a robust benefits package which includes healthcare, dental, and vision insurance for employees and eligible dependents. Prologis also offers several other wellness, financial, and work/lifestyle-specific benefits. Our 401(k) retirement plan has a company match of 50% up to 12% of eligible compensation. We also offer generous PTO with a starting accrual of 22 days a year in addition to paid holidays and volunteer time.
As a condition to the commencement of your employment, Prologis requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. You are considered fully vaccinated two (2) weeks after your second dose in a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two (2) weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Prologis will consider requests for a reasonable accommodation as to the vaccination requirement on the basis of a disability or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable law#LI-LG
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Employment Type:Full time