Senior Director, Solution Engineering, North America (Remote) at Freshworks
At Freshworks, we are creating a global workplace that enables everyone to find their true potential, purpose, and passion irrespective of their background, gender, race, sexual orientation, religion and ethnicity. We are committed to providing equal opportunity for all and believe that diversity in the workplace creates a more vibrant, richer work environment that advances the goals of our employees, communities and the business.
Freshworks provides intelligent customer engagement software for businesses of all sizes, making it easy for teams to win customers for life. More than 50,000 businesses trust Freshworks, including our employee engagement, customer engagement and CRM solutions, to better support employees so businesses can increase customer satisfaction and lifetime value. Our products are ready to go, easy to use, and offer a quick return on investment.
Freshworks has received numerous accolades that include ranking #16 on the prestigious Forbes’ Cloud 100 and #22 on the Battery Ventures/Glassdoor Best Places to Work lists. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Freshworks has a dedicated global team operating from 13 locations to serve our customers throughout the world. Freshworks is backed by leading investors including Accel, CapitalG, Sequoia Capital and Tiger Global Management.
We are constantly on the lookout for smart people who are passionate about creating great products, designing great experiences, building scalable platforms, and making customers and partners happy. We are growing our leadership team and looking for a Director/Sr. Director to oversee our Solution Engineering Organization in North America.
If you are a leader who can put the team before yourself, we want to talk to you. If you are a great coach who can inspire her/his leaders to build championship winning teams, we want to talk to you. If you believe that humility is table stakes & excellence is more important than success, we want to talk to you.If you believe that you can bring the best out of your team and invest in their success, then we definitely want to talk to you.
Hit us up and let's chat.
What will your impact be?
As the leader in our NA solution engineering org, you will be responsible for overseeing our upmarket segment SE teams. You will manage leaders who oversee the Commercial, Mid Market and Enterprise segments and provide strategic direction to these leaders.
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Building a thoughtful GTM strategy for our cross segment SE teams.
- Drive Strategic Initiatives that drive organizational improvement and alignment
- Participate in Top of the Funnel initiatives such as marketing webinars, speaking engagements etc.
- Drive excellence in the middle of the funnel execution from Discovery through Validation.
- Participate in deals (big and small; because some big business starts small) and provide executive leadership.
- Be the Voice of sales and drive deep loss analysis. Work with the product org on identifying key gaps and make data driven recommendations.
- Design organizational OKRs to align with Sales strategy and Revenue goals.
- Lead the org through quarterly performance check ins and annual performance reviews.
- Be a Diversity and Inclusion champion and create opportunities for underrepresented minority groups.
- Embody the “Leaders eat last” mindset. Build a culture grounded in humility and empathy.
You will also partner with our President/GM North America and provide strategic insights into pipeline health, team performance and win rates. You will lean in when needed and participate in/lead initiatives outside of the Solution Engineering charter. Afterall, leaders are the ones who run headfirst into the unknown. (credit to Simon Sinek)
What does the ideal candidate look like?
- The ideal candidate has experience in CRM, Customer Service, ITSM or other related domains in a pre-sales leadership role.
- We’re looking for someone who can lead and inspire. You look beyond the dashboards and can roll up your sleeves to work side by side with SEs on your team. You lead by example, not by authority.
- You are a technologist at heart and love playing a role in shaping product roadmap. You are the biggest champion that our customers have within Freshworks.
- You are a keen strategist who can create and deliver strategic recommendations to our Global SE leader, Chief Revenue Officer & Chief Product Officer. You thrive in front of executives and provide authentic insights.
- You are a practitioner of what you preach and believe in the art of selling value, telling stories in demonstrations and painting a vision for the future.
- 3-5 years of management experience in CRM/Customer Service/ITSM software technologies. Second line management experience is desirable, but not required.
- Oversee multiple managers and senior managers in a fast paced, high growth environment.
- Exceptional soft skills and ability to influence within the organization.
- A Bachelors or a Masters degree is nice to have, but not required.