Senior Director of Sales, North America - Colorado at AMP Robotics
AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence and robotics for the recycling industry. We’re reimagining and actively modernizing the world’s recycling infrastructure. Headquartered and with manufacturing operations in Louisville, Colorado, we build and deploy technology that solves many of the central challenges of recycling and shifts the economics of the industry to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable. With more than 70 systems installed across North America, Japan, and Europe, we’re increasing the value that can be extracted from recyclable material through superior separation, purity enhancement, and identification of new end markets for reuse and recycling.
Our diverse, growing team of environmentalists, engineers, and other professionals shares a passion for the promise technology holds to transform the way we recycle. With backing from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital and recognition including Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and Forbes’ most promising artificial intelligence companies in America, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is excited to announce the opening of the Senior Director of Sales, North America position to drive the growth of new sales, revenue, and profitability across North America by leading and coaching a team sales professionals and by concurrently owning the development of strategic plans, effective prospects, and closing sales opportunities through strong pipeline creation and management for an individual book. B2B clients range from small/mid-market owner/operators to larger, regional enterprises and national accounts, in the recycling industry.
As our Senior Director of Sales, North America, you will work to:
- Drive and exceed individual monthly/quarterly/yearly revenue, profitability, and market share sales targets for North American territories through leadership of sales professionals and achieving individual targets and goals.
- Coach and develop a growing team sales professionals while providing leadership for day to day operations within the North American sales organization.
- Plan and execute territory priorities and sales pipeline to drive accountability and results.
- Develop and execute strategic responses for leads and opportunities across the territory. Operationalize go-to-market strategies.
- Direct and organize territory sales resources to ensure client facing sales approach and pipeline planning are coordinated and maximized.
- Develop an accurate, consolidated territory and individual pipeline and forecasts as part of the sales cadence. Successfully manage sales opportunities that lead to closed bookings and quota attainment.
- Oversee territory planning and prioritize account lists within a defined geography by researching and identifying new opportunities through partnerships with industry groups, leveraging installed base relationships, utilizing industry/market research and data, and successful prospecting.
- Partner with sales team to build and maintain long term relationships with mid-market owner/operator customers and senior leadership and key decision makers within larger enterprise accounts.
- Successfully articulate AMP’s compelling value proposition to customers and promote and develop ROI justification for AMP capital equipment/technology and upgrades/services (recurring revenue)
- Provide sales leadership to cross-functional projects; develop and maintain productive partnerships within the AMP organization to support sales and organizational priorities.
- Lead and manage contract negotiations in line with established guidelines, drive and align internal stakeholders to leverage resources and develop winning solutions and proposals
- Develop and utilize internal sales processes to support departmental sales objectives, reporting requirements and goals to ensure organizational sales standards are met.
The successful candidate will have:
- 5+ years of sales leadership experience, achieving results through others, and managing, coaching, and developing a geographically dispersed team of seller and technical consultants.
- 10+ years outbound B2B end-user sales experience with a heavy focus on “hunting”/new customer acquisition, mid-market expertise desired
- Experience selling capital equipment or high-tech systems or HW solutions, waste management or recycling industry experience a plus
- Strong consultative/value selling skills and ability to influence innovation and technology adoption in customer organizations. Ability to successfully challenge, educate and evangelize customers.
- Strong and demonstrated business acumen and savvy in technology and process improvement
- Experience identifying, developing, negotiating and closing large-scale technology and/or capital equipment deals
- Demonstrated agility and ability to be adaptive, with a high willingness to learn
- Experience communicating and developing relationships with business owner/operators and senior leadership, and with decision makers/influencers across an organization
- Ability to travel often to clients and prospects across North America and to AMP headquarters in Colorado.
- BA/BS degree, preferably in engineering or business
- Experience with Salesforce and ability to support and utilize company SPMs and sales tracking tools
We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer competitive base salaries; medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off and sick time; flexible work hours; and the opportunity to quickly accelerate your learning and growth.
AMP Robotics values inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer that encourages individuals of all backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.