Senior Director of Business Development, Payments at Ibotta
Do you enjoy building businesses that disrupt payments? Does the challenge of unlocking and growing a new line of business invigorate you? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment problem-solving with some of the brightest minds in technology? We are looking for an entrepreneurial-minded leader with a successful track record in payments to build partnerships and new platforms to make every payment rewarding.
- Own all aspects of the new business development strategy for Ibotta’s payments initiatives inclusive of market research, opportunity/partner evaluation, internal buy-in, contract negotiation, program execution and growth
- Develop and deliver compelling data-backed business cases that inform new payments initiatives ranging from virtual and physical payment instruments to digital payments technologies
- Use the Lean Startup approach to test product market fit for new payments offerings
- Maintain expert-level knowledge of compliance, regulatory and legal implications involved with payments businesses
- Negotiate terms and create win-win payments partnerships through creative and fresh entrepreneurial approaches
- Ensure that the business development process aligns with the values, goals, and resources of the business. Work with leadership to establish appropriate goals and maintain a consistent and collaborative line of communication with internal stakeholders
- Work closely with cross functional teams such as analytics, marketing and product to ensure client partnerships are successfully executed from start to finish
- Manage 1-2 direct reports in sales or client success roles
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- 7+ years of payments experience with issuer, FinTech or retail experience a plus
- Demonstrated track record of success, including ability to pivot and problem solve through complex business strategy decisions with C-level executives
- Brilliant communication skills, both written and oral. Master presenter (candidates must do a mock presentation as part of the hiring process)
- Strong negotiation skills. Demonstrated ability to close the deal
- Flexibility, accountability, resourcefulness, and ability to work with little direction in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Strong business modeling skills with an obsession for developing profitable propositions
- Travel up to 40% required
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is a free app that's transforming the shopping experience by making every purchase rewarding. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer real cash back on groceries, travel, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, dining out, and much more. Ibotta is the ultimate starting point for savings, and having paid out more than $600 million in cash rewards to its Savers, it's no surprise why Ibotta is one of the most downloaded shopping apps in the United States
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.