Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
As part of the Customer Support Engineering team at Checkr, the Sr. Customer Support Engineer is responsible for providing support to our most valuable customers and on our most complex issues. The Sr. Customer Support Engineer works directly with customers to proactively identify areas of improvement, while also reactively responding to complex issues raised by customers and more junior Customer Support Engineers. Sr. CSEs are also responsible for supporting Customer Success to answer technical questions and participate in ad-hoc meetings with customers.
- Provide technical support by way of identifying, classifying, troubleshooting, resolving and escalating customer and partner facing technical issues
- Create documentation pertaining to a customer's architecture, technical stakeholders, and commonly asked questions across segments
- Partner with Technical Account Managers to proactively identify customers who are not following best practice and are at risk technically
- Collaborate with engineering and product teams to build out monitoring and alerting to proactively identify and resolve technical problems
- Participate in the incident management process, including identification, communication, and post-resolution
What you bring:
- 3+ years in a customer facing technical position for a SaaS based company, preferably one with a robust REST API
- Passion for providing excellent customer service
- Strong technical writing and communication skills
- Familiarity with SQL
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, an eye for detail
- Experience using Postman in a production environment is a plus
- Experience with DataDog or similar technologies
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $63,000-$74,000.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.